1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When SO is grieving ( PA READ ! )

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Queenie%Bee, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

2. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Especially close to DDAY . It certainly has been a refresher article over the last 18 months though

hope4healing and Trappist like this.
  3. Good article. Part of good recovery is the development of empathy. We do not act our way into right thinking, we think our way into right acting. Checking in on a regular basis is right action.

Peace,
    -Quinn

4. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Totally. I was always asking how he was doing in recovery. Not very often could he put himself out there to ask me . I think he thought all I needed was TIME . NO

Numb likes this.
  5. Atomicflea

Atomicflea Fapstronaut

This is brilliant. Thanks QNB for sharing. I had a trigger that led to a breakdown of my betrayal trauma leaving my husband at a complete loss of what to do. Sometimes there is so much focus in dealing with the addiction that the SO’s betrayal trauma gets sidelined until we blow up. My husband is completely focused on recovering from his addiction that he forgets about my betrayal trauma and I’m dealing with my trauma, as well as, giving him my full support. It was my mistake of not just telling him that I needed more support from him. For a month, I was hoping he would take initiative in learning about my trauma. My therapist recommended 2 books for both my husband and I to read together - Sex Addiction: The Partner’s Perspective and Understanding and Treating Sex Addiction by Paula Hall.