1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by JohnPaulGeorgeRingo

Hello all. I am strongly considering joining a 12 step group - but am struggling to see myself actually showing up for shame. Did anyone feel this before going to a meeting and how did you manage it so that you attended your first meeting? Thank you, look forward to hearing back and recovering successfully from this addiction
Morningmistanew more_vert
Morningmistanew
Welcome. I first walked into a meeting about five years ago. I'm sorta' reserved and shy by nature, had mountains of shame, among other things, so the first three or so meetings were tough, but people are welcoming of a newcomer and remember how hard it was for them at first as well. Noone will judge you and likely everyone will relate to what you're going through. You're not obliged to say anything, unless of course you want to. Hope that helps some.
JohnPaulGeorgeRingo likes this.
Morningmistanew more_vert
Morningmistanew
I've moved through other modes of working on recovery, but I'm very grateful to so many people in those first months who helped me.