1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30-day No Youtube Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Oct 26, 2018.

1. I have a full blown Youtube addiction. Spend easily more than 7 hours a day watching the most stupid and pointless videos. I think quitting as many unnecessary and unhealthy dopamine sources as possible during this reboot will be very helpful (Plus I'd like not to fail this semester at uni). Feel free to join.

Rules: No Youtube for 30 days, duh.

2. STARTING DATE 25.10.2018

Day 1/30 ✅

3. I wanted to start this challenge for a months now, but I don't think I could do this. I'm really wasting too much time watching YT videos and listening to music. Sometimes those are comedy videos(Filthy Frank lol) and sometimes it's more serious topics, like podcasts, interviews, debates etc. But still it's a waste of time. I am really tempted to try this challenge, but I don't know how I'll spend all my free time that I'll get from doing this. Probably on reading books. NoYoutube also means NoMusic for me, because all the music I'm listening to is from my YT playlist. Oh, I don't know if I should start this... Okay you got me, from tomorrow I'm officially starting this challenge! This will probably be even harder than NoFap, but whatever, I will use all that free time to read books. Day 0 for me! :)

I would like to modify rules a bit if you would allow. It's only for myself of course. I want to allow myself to watch a YT video only in case I know what I want to watch, and I need to watch it(some kind of tutorial, or documentary, or explanation etc.).

4. Totally get where you’re coming from. As to this a fellow fapstronaut once recommended that I download the video I want to watch in order not to get stuck in the recommended videos‘ accursed logarithm, I do this with music.

Great that your willing to try this out, like you said the free time might be overwhelming at first, but that’s the whole point I guess, to find more meaningful things to do. Good luck!

5. Nice idea, will totally do it! Today is my day 1. :)

6. Day 2
    Today I've been climbing a mountain so it kept me away from YT, yesterday however I went to youtube few times without even thinking about it, but as soon as I realized what am I actually doing I closed it. Same thing happened today, I guess going to YT and wasting time has become habit to me, I have to stop it!

7. Day 3
    This morning first thing I did was going to youtube, again it took me few seconds to realize what I was doing, and I exited.

8. Day 0...
    Will try again tomorrow.

9. Ypow

Ypow Fapstronaut

I'm in!
    I'm thinking..if i watch youtube day after day,then i will never become best me.
    No way.
    Trick is that when i watch one video then i will click on next etc.

Day 0(07/11/2018,11:23 AM)

10. Ypow

Ypow Fapstronaut

Bro i can easily say this is an addiction.
    How many hours are just gone by watching videos..
    Head full of knowledge can be dangerous if we don't take action. We need stronger will :emoji_fist:

11. Ypow

Ypow Fapstronaut

Time is now. I must stop this addiction.
    I make good progress (no i'm not best) on nofap but i need to cut all things that doesn't have anything to do with my life goals.
    Learning is not enough, i take action but i must take more actions now and i know that.
    1. day start right now!

12. Ypow

Ypow Fapstronaut

1. day done! :D
    Goal is to achieve more freedom.