1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BF keeps relapsing...not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by TooManyThoughts, Apr 29, 2019.

1. TooManyThoughts

TooManyThoughts Fapstronaut

So me and my boyfriend have been together a few months now and he told me about his addiction early on I was a little confused about it but as he expressed it more I understood. He relapsed a few times in the time we’ve been together I try not to get mad but it’s more of a hurt I know it’s has nothing to do with me not satisfying him because it’s just disappointing that I have more confidence in him than he does himself. The last times he relapsed he was around 2 weeks then it was a month in and he still relapsed he promised he would make it to 3 months and I believed in him but then he keeps letting me down. It’s worse because he had urges but didn’t relapse but then the next day he relapsed after saying he was going to put restrictions so he couldn’t see anything then he tells me he relapsed. I know it’s a process and a journey but I just don’t know what to do or if I can do this I’ve asked if we need a break so he can go his days but he said no he can do it but I don’t know what to. I don’t want to seem insensitive because I’m not I do everything to makes sure he succeeds but he still relapses can someone give me some advice? Maybe a spouse who has or is dealing with this

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. gymismylife

gymismylife Fapstronaut

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Have you listed your boundaries and consequences? I think there's a few good posts here aboit how to create good boundaries and relevant consequences. I wish you and your partner luck. You got this.

3. What do you want? what do you want from life? This is not about you at all, but it will have a big effect upon you if you're in a relationship with someone with this problem. read lots here, try to educate yourself. Its a very bad thing and you should think carefully. Then put in some boundaries for you. You are the most important thing... you are all you've got for life so look after you first! always. good luck