1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating in your Recovery!

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by IK070, Mar 25, 2020.

Do you think online dating can be a trigger for you in your NoFap journey?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2020.
  1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IK070

IK070 Fapstronaut

I'm here back on Day 21. I want to share my opinion about rebooting in a relationship. Personally, If you want to get ride of your addiction, you have to leave all triggers and dating can be a trigger always for an addicted person. Personally, I have also left my online dating partner, because she became only a trigger for me. I would also relapsed because of her. So make sure to accept this bitter truth!

2. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Excellent point! Its always a good thing to know your triggers and do everything you can to eliminate them! Dating may be okay for some, while not so much for others. Its up to you to decide whether its okay for you or not and it sounds like you've definitely made the right choice! You should be proud of that decision and stick to it! Make your recovery the priority it should be, use the tools & resources available to you to help you stay sexually sober and you'll be just fine! Best of luck, my friend!