1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Huel

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BillyBobBoBoBo, Dec 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hey, I'm wondering what you all think of Huel products?
    My Blender is broken so I've been having Huel Shakes & bars instead of my regular vegtable smoothie, with protein powder, for my breakfast. Though I've been working during if Huel Shakes and Bars are enough for the body. I do have something else at dinner or huel shake again if I can't be asked.

What are your guy's thoughts?

2. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

What else you eat during the day?

3. Porridge with almonds & oat milk, baked beans with rice & just what ever my girl friend makes, normally healthy vegan foods.

4. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Okay, as long as you do not replace real food with it I think its okay. But I would still prefer real smoothies or nuts etc instead of bars or supplementsmoothies.

Also if you are vegan I recommend that you look into ferritin, iron and b12 defficiencies. Vegan iron and ferritin do not work as well in our body and things like coffee can completely destroy all iron in a vegan meal if drank too soon after it. So look into it, planetary diet is a good way to get the best out of both worlds.

5. Trust me I'd rather have my regular smoothies, but my Blender jug is busted, leaking at the bottom in the blade part & for some reason I can't just buy a new jug, which is really annoying.

I do supplement a lot with my vegan multivitamins fir b12 and Iron, but not ferritin, never heard of that one. Good thing I don't drink coffee, just green/herbal teas.

6. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Yeah, ferritins some sort of iron. Look it up. There is an epidemic here in finland where 30yo females are getting exhausted because of lack of ferritin and they have to take these shots of iron that can cause multiple side effects and overall it is not a sustainable solution for it. They are all vegan/ vegetarian.

7. black.and.green

black.and.green Fapstronaut

Hi BillyBob,

I think Huel's great. I used to never eat breakfast because I had no appetite and hated the feeling of forcing myself to eat in the morning. Huel solved this. I could just down a Huel in 20 seconds to get my much needed calories. It really helped me! It also gave me a lot of fibre that my diet at the time didn't have and really improved things. Using Huel I managed to put on weight for the first time in my adult life, and my workouts seemed to start actually working - no doubt because of my new calorie surplus.

However, I got to the point where I was having Huel shakes for most meals and not eating any 'proper' food. This certainly affected me in a negative way: I felt tired, and had some issues with my digestive system. I believe this is because my gut microbiome wasn't healthy and eating huel for every meal wasn't helping.

I'm now just having one (or two if I'm doing exercise) shakes for breakfast and trying my best to have traditional meals for lunch and dinner, with an aim to eat with as much diversity as possible. I'm feeling much better for it.

My advice is: don't have huel more than once per day.

BillyBobBoBoBo likes this.
  8. So were they taking supplements? What did their diet consist of? Did they eat a lot of vegetables and take supplements, or just eat vegan junk food? People who eat meat also suffer from deficiencies.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  9. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Yeah, they ate healthy. Iron from vegetables does not absorve as well as from meat. Same with supplements, iron tablets etc do not absorve as well as from real food. Yeah I agree, we are paying too little focus to our diet. It should be taught in schools or junk food should be more expensive.

10. I'm more having it as my breakfast at the moment because of my Blender, which I do miss my regular breakfast of vegtable Protein smoothies.

I have 3 shakes equaling to 1200 calories and 2 fruits. Then for lunch 2 Huel Bars & dinner what ever my girlfriend makes, what's in the fridge, cupboards or another huel shake out of shear laziness.

Though ove noticed that when I've been eating huel more, I've noticed that my tooth that had a small hole, become a cavity, within the week I've been drinking Huel. Then again I was eating more junk food & working at a taxi company caused me to snack more on junk than I'd like to admit. Which doing fir 2-4 years, probably didn't help. Thinking just cleaning my teeth was just going to be enough. Though made me wo der of there ate some stuff I'm missing out with whole foods.