1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Sticks and stones may hurt my bones, but words will never hurt me

....... and fg4795 like this.
  2. Success = Experience
    Fall = Experience 2x
    Learn from both = Experience x3

fg4795 likes this.
  3. One Eyed Owl

The bitterest truth is better than the sweetest lies

....... likes this.
  4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

"The male orgasm curve that has dominated Western narrative for centuries: crisis, climax, release…and then you get to go to sleep. Winners and losers, saved and damned are properly categorized and justice is finally done. Just buy my product, believe in my god, vote for my guy, or suck my dick, and everything’s gonna be alright." - Douglas Rushkoff

5. One Eyed Owl

Do you know what is the most destructive force in the universe? Regret.

....... likes this.
  6. "The only way to learn to ride a bike is keep failing until you succeeded."

....... likes this.
  7. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

"We may be in the midst of some great existential crisis, but we’re simply too busy to notice."

....... likes this.
  8. "A day spent without smiling as a lost day."

....... likes this.
  9. We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way.

10. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

We are of course concerned with time in terms of counting days:

'A quick search on Google yields over 11.5 billion hits for the word “time.” In comparison, more obvious topics of interest like sex and money rank a paltry 2.75 billion and 2 billion, respectively. Time and how to make the most of it, appears to be about five times more important to us than making love or money.'

FlowingSaiyan and fg4795 like this.
  11. "Success is my only motherfuckin' option, failure's not." - Lose Yourself

fg4795 likes this.
  12. FlowingSaiyan

FlowingSaiyan Fapstronaut

"We shall not fly high to stay above the world, but rather to build enough courage to reach back down, enough empathy to lift others up, enough strength to go back up with enough humility to bring others with you - higher and beyond than what you'll ever reach."

....... likes this.
  13. Look at a screen and immagine situation won't make them real.
    Go out and live your life, work for what you want will make them real, and you will enjoy everything.

Stop wasting time, LIVE!

jk243 and ....... like this.
  14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Take 'keeping busy' for example. Even if it isn't the same dopamine high as addiction it certainly isn't the same as being relaxed and at peace, which might be considered 'lazy':

"the states of consciousness we prefer are those that reinforce established cultural values. We enshrine these states socially, economically, and legally. That is, we have state-sanctioned states of consciousness. Altered states that subvert these values are persecuted, while the people who enjoy them are marginalized."

15. One Eyed Owl

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. Jean-Luc Picard

fg4795 and Johnthesavage like this.
  16. "It's not a boulder, it's a rock! A great, big rock!" - Spongebob Squarepants

fg4795 and ....... like this.
  17. After another relapse and change on counter:
    [​IMG]

fg4795 likes this.
  18. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Ὀρφεύς and fg4795 like this.
  19. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

"Successful people are not people without problems. They're simply people who've learned to solve their problems"
    Earl Nightingale

20. "Man cannot reshape himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel.