1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Read this from Know Thyself by Stephen Fleming, it's about the neuroscience of metacognition. This passage struck me as relevant to addiction:

2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

"Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies - or else? The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

If You want to be successful, you have to learn and do what successful people do. It is simple as that.
    Me

4. Sunijacob

Sunijacob Fapstronaut

It is not our business to look what is dimply at a distance but to do what is clearly at hand
    -THOMAS CARLYLE

5. Cold beyond the context of a shower. Also from Thoreau:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yrjyrj likes this.
  6. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

"A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step"

Houseonsea and yrjyrj like this.
  7. Applies to PMO too, one can be both.

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

– Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War.

yrjyrj likes this.
  8. ThisSideThatSide

ThisSideThatSide Fapstronaut

thats a nice one.

9. The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. --Alvin Toffler, Future Shock

BTW the premise of the Unbroken Brain is that addiction is a learning disorder.

yrjyrj likes this.
  10. He who would do good to another must do it in Minute Particulars: general Good is the plea of the scoundrel, hypocrite, and flatterer, for Art and Science cannot exist but in minutely organized Particulars.

William Blake

11. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

12. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

"It is never late to ask yourself “Am I ready to change my life, am I ready to change myself?”. However old we are, whatever we went through, it is always possible to reborn. If each day is a copy of the last one, what a pity! Every breath is a chance to reborn. But to reborn into a new life, you have to die before dying." ~ Shams Tabrizi

DeepRecovery and henryhill like this.
  13. Ronaldeutsch

Ronaldeutsch Fapstronaut

"You dont become confident by shouting affirmations in the mirror but by having a stack of undeniable proof that you are who you say you are. Outwork your self doubt"
    -Unknown

14. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

15. "It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener during a war."
    - Chinese Proverb

soldier407 and Ronaldeutsch like this.
  16. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

“If you fap, you are a slave.”
    - me

nomo likes this.
  17. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

“Time spent in the past is wasted energy.”

ZenYogi and soldier407 like this.
  18. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

"The past doesn't matter. Each morning we are born anew, what we do today matters most." -Buddha

nomo likes this.
  19. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Be kind to the earth and leave no footprint, but grow your mind and leave a big impression on the world - Nomo

Leanmaxxing and Ronaldeutsch like this.