1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Good Fitness Practices

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Sep 12, 2021.

1. I like to contribute a few ideas for you tough guys, like me...

I was always trying new stuff in fitness, and a few ideas helped.

1. If you want to show more tone and veins, you have to diet.

2. Park in the back of the parking lot and run to the building. When you leave, run back to your car. The sprint pumps you up.

3. I think it's better to work out smaller every day than take breaks.
    for ex: It's better to do less reps and/or fewer sets of pushups, than
    to go into the gym twice a week for a mammoth power lift.

4. I like to hit my muscles throughout the day. If a commercial is on, I'll bust out 5 push ups. While my food cooks, why not hit a mini set of 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 weight curls, or chin ups/pull ups?

5. I like to keep attacking my muscles throughout the day with mini sets. Even just one push up can do it, if you use perfect form, go into the hardest part of the isometric phase and hold it for 30 seconds.

6. I'm big on isometrics. I used to do the Planet Fitness circuit, and I would hold the weights throughout the green light, just one rep. I don't lock joints, I either stop short or hold it closer to the start position. Most dudes rush through that stuff.

7. Every part of the range of motion is important. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Never drop weights or come out of a machine or exercise in a sudden manner. If you have to stop, go slowly back to the reset position, even if you're in pain.

8. If you intend to lose body fat, you have to build up to the point where you run for about 30+ minutes a day. There's no way around that. The first 20 minutes of cardio do not burn fat. You can make it a bit shorter if you do your weights first as a warm up, but in the end, you must do a lot of cardio, especially if you are over 30.

9. Learn to distinguish if your muscles are sore or injured. If you have a legit injury, you need to rest and heal. If it's just soreness, which is caused by lactic acid, then NO YOU CANNOT TAKE A DAY OFF!!!!

10. Most trainers set people up on schedules that are too weak. Fitness needs to be every day. An hour is optimal. Break it up into three parts, so you hit it throughout the day, which will keep your metabolism up. 20 minutes Yoga, 5-10 minutes lift, 35- 40 minutes cardio is probably a 100% guaranteed schedule to end up with an awesome body, if you are on a diet.

11. Diet. Keep it simple. Less than 1000 calories a day, no sugar.
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Fructose is ok, it's not the same as the kind of sugar in ice cream, cookies or even fruit juices. You can swap out once in a while for a banana or orange. If you are quitting sugar, prepare to get sick. It only lasts 3 days. Be a man and prevail.

You can do it. Just focus on today, my friends!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Akbarmagnus likes this.
  2. thedev

thedev Fapstronaut

Appreciate the tips.

3. I always say there is no right or wrong way to do fitness. I like some of your ideas, but this last one I have totally disagree with. I'm a certified personal trainer with a nutritional certification too, and less than 1000 calories per day is not sustainable in the long term. It might work in the short term and lead to quick weight loss but it's not healthy. If you're working out, your body needs food. I workout in the morning and track my food, and I'll consume 1000 calories between my post workout protein, breakfast, and morning snack. There is no way I could break up 1000 calories in a day and not be starving and miserable.

Akbarmagnus and Controller69 like this.
  4. Controller69

Controller69 Fapstronaut

Although you mentioned some great points, I have to agree with the gentleman above, that a 1000calorie diet is way too low. The average person needs a 2000-calorie diet to sustain himself.

5. Those miserable feelings only happen for the first week.

The diet is not designed to be sustainable for the long term. It's a diet.

You have to be well below the calories you burn to lose weight.

6. All I can do is report what worked for me.