1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting my recovery...

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. gabox

gabox Fapstronaut

I do not speak English, so I will use a translator to be able to communicate with the brothers in this group. I am 24 years old and I am a Catholic. For 4 years my faith has been weakened, many doubts entered me, I wanted to stop being a Catholic and not believe in anything else and I fell into the trap of believing only in myself. This led me to relapse into PMO over and over again, as I have had this addiction from a very young age.

Thanks to the publications in this forum, I confirmed my Catholic faith and I want to leave the PMO accompanied by Jesus Christ. I need to heal myself.

I am currently experiencing some difficult situations. My parents are going to separate, I am in the middle and have a bad relationship with them. My sisters left home and I just stayed with them with this whole situation. This has led me to slip and PMO. I want to become independent, be in another environment, feel better and more in control. I experience many negative emotions in my home.

I am thinking of going to live alone, I know that this makes PMO addiction more difficult, but I know that with the strength of God I will be able to resist the temptation. I HAVE BEEN PMOing in the same place for the last 4 or 5 years. It is possible that a change of environment will help me to overcome this addiction. I don't want to keep feeling bad, I want to get out of my comfort zone and see what I'm made of.

I am afraid to make these decisions, but I cannot take any longer being in this place. I need to get out of my comfort zone and take action. A part of me tells me that living alone will help me to know myself more and improve in many things, but another part of me is afraid of my own impulses and is afraid that this addiction will deepen. But I am with Cristo Rey de Reyes, I am with my general in command, I cannot be afraid.

I want to hear the opinion of people with more experience than me, I will be happy to read.

2. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I say if you're mentally and physically healthy and have the resources, go for it. 24 is past time to move out. You will need to create a support system of friends and relatives, support groups, etc. to fill the gap left by your parents. But it can be done.

By the way, are you using a human translator or a machine-based one? Your translation looks pretty good.

gabox likes this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Your choice to return to the faith is a very smart one. I suspect almost every devout Christian/Catholic has had a faith crisis but frequently our faith becomes even stronger afterwards. I had my own faith crisis but today, I see the church as my home. A place of comfort and a place to find the grace to inspire me to keep striving onwards.

I used to travel a great deal and I was away from my wife and children for weeks, sometimes months at a time. My heart often ached for them but I found that I could go to the nearest Catholic church and find home. It always healed my heart and lifted me up even if the mass I attended wasn't in a language that I spoke.

I cannot advise you on whether to leave home or not. I can only advise you to pray with your heart to seek guidance. Pray as if the Lord is standing right next to you because in truth He is right there. Through prayer, it seems I have more often been told what not to do as opposed to what I should do, so be prepared your answer may come in that form. Regardless of your decision, stay close to God. Don't let the devil convince you to stray from Him because that path leads to despair.

I am praying for you. May God bless you with joy and discernment today!

Keli, gabox and ANSE like this.
  4. gabox

gabox Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot! sorry for responding late but I have remained in prayer to ask God for wisdom. I think it's best to wait a little longer. The decision must be made as healthy as possible so that my parents are not affected and I can leave with good feelings. I am praying to improve my relationship with them and that the whole process will be made as healthy as possible.

Google translator haha but I am learnig english I hope to soon write better without using translator. Thanks for you comments!

Thanks @CPilot I appreciate your comment

Keli and CPilot like this.