1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Day 30/30. I'd like to thank @Bihari for setting up this challenge. I did this challenge to prove to myself that I could live fine for 30 days without wasting so much time watching the news, playing games, browsing social media, watching movies, eating sugar / junk food, and even hearing music.

I've become sensitive again from doing this challenge. I had eargasm experiences where I go to the grocery store and hear the background music (can't get away from it) and I start to get goose bumps and tears. I've come to realize many of these activities are supernormal stimuli; they go beyond anything natural so they desensitize me and I end up not enjoying everyday life. I hope to permanently eliminate many of these escape activities from my life. I wish you all the best of luck in your reboot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020
    Bihari, hermitthefrog and Innervision like this.
  2. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Congratulations, friend! I'm certain that this experience will enhance on many ways your process of rebooting. all the best and stay strong!

Bihari and Overcome Fear like this.
  3. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 26/30

I'm feeling with more energy to do productive stuff and less tired at the end of the day. I'd link these benefits directly to Dopamine Detox.

4. hermitthefrog

hermitthefrog Fapstronaut

I’m resetting my counter today. I did not relapse as in binging on videos or anything but yesterday I was obsessively checking my phone all day, mostly for messages because of a certain lady with whom I’m trying to hook up. She’s playing me though so it is time to go back to my 3 times a day phone/internet regimen. This stuff is too distracting!

So.. day 0/30

Bihari, Overcome Fear and Innervision like this.
  5. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

4/30
    Can see the benefits

Bihari, Overcome Fear and Innervision like this.
  6. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 27/30

Exercise and meditation have been really helpful on maintaining focus and commitment.

Bihari and Overcome Fear like this.
  7. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Man! you made my day! Thank you for spreading hope. I wish you well in your recovery. You're a strong strong man. Take care bud.

Overcome Fear likes this.
  8. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Loved your honesty! You're doing exceptionally well my friend. we are going to go through this phase together!

Overcome Fear and Innervision like this.
  9. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

progress, not perfection was what I was aiming for and was successful at it.
    It's been 30 days!
    I'm looking forward for more progress in this regard. Those who have successfully completed this in extreme mode give me tons of hope.
    I'll have to give some thought about my next progress. sugar and carb seem to be obvious ones.

10. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Please welcome 3 new souls!
    @Fighter_4_life
    @Timothy_James
    @highD
    I wish you success guys.
    ** A word of caution: It's incredibly easy to fail at this and get your PMO sobriety lost. This has happened to me on couple of occasions. So, if the pressure of the challenge is too much to bear, feel free to relapse here but not at PMO. This challenge is to show ourselves how a clear head looks like.​

11. I'm in
    Day 0.
    I am abstaining from music, social media, movies, Television, any erotic material, News media.
    @Bihari

12. hermitthefrog

On day 2/30

It felt great yesterday to limit my phone use to three times a day again!

13. highD

highD Fapstronaut

Thank you. But i relapse every freaking day at the dopamine detox challenge. Its severely tough. I dont know how to tackle it while i am going pretty good at NO PMO.

Overcome Fear and hermitthefrog like this.
  14. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Thank you ..
    Day 5/30

Overcome Fear and hermitthefrog like this.
  15. hermitthefrog

I’ve found it impossible to avoid certain things such as videos and social links that I receive from people who expect me to look at them.

So I’ve started doing this: every day I go online three times, for max. 15 minutes each session.

During that time I can do what I want, although if possible still avoiding YouTube, socials, games, forums other than this one, aimless surfing etc.

Outside of that I allow myself to go online when I need to, e.g. looking up stuff for work, paying bills, buying things etc.

Perhaps give it a try?

16. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 28/30

It's nice to see new guys accepting this challenge and many others making real progress.
    Welcome everybody and stay focused!

17. highD

highD Fapstronaut

I would like to try that, however in the past where i restricted myself with time bound, I have also failed miserably due to procrastination of work and tasks to extend the targeted 'social' time.
    Thanks for the boost up. I will get up with it

18. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

19. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 29/30

One more day completed.

20. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 30/30

Today I completed the 30-day challenge. I cannot say that it was strictly followed, but overall I managed to avoid time wasting activities, like social media, internet surfing, constantly checking news and binge watching youtube. I think the main learning I had on these days is to notice how TIME is a limiting factor and must be used wisely. Instead of wasting time, energy and our own life on low quality actions, we can channel these resources into much more productive and fulfilling projects. I'm really thankful for all you guys that joined this challenge, especially @Bihari for proposing it, and shared your experience through this period. Wish you all best of luck and great conquests on your path!

Bihari likes this.