1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. americanbison

americanbison Fapstronaut

No, keep going on you are alright. When you wake up, you're free from your dreams. It’s your body reacting to the past, and you are in the present now. I haven't experienced this part of rebooting, but I've always heard it is a sign you're changing, which is good.

Checking in another day. The last couple of days have been taxing, so today I'm going to be deliberate with my recovery work and get to bed on time.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I had a small miracle happen to me today.When i was running I kept praying and thinking about this prayer after some 3 miles I had been splashed by dirty water from passing car, my usual reaction is either to curse,threaten ,hurl abusive words and sometimes try to jump on a car to have my justice but today I didn't got angry or annoyed at all .I just said to myself Thy will be done and forgave the fellow on the spot without any hard feeling/emotions at all...This prayer is a really powerful I didn't really expect that sort of effect and that fast. Later on through my run it happened again and guess what I have done the same thing!
    The prayer I used was 'Our Father which art in heaven,Hallowed be Thy Name,Thy Kingdom come,Thy Will be done in earth as it is in heaven,Give us this day our daily bread,And forgive us our debts,as we forgive our debtors,And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil:For Thine is the kingdom, the power ,and the glory, forever.Amen'.It's a very good prayer for the morning.

3. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 33!

I have been struggling recently with my counter. I know it has helped me tremendously in all the longer streaks I have achieved, but unfortunately i seem to keep "obsessing" over it.
    Whenever I am doing a menial task / lying in bed (or anything else that doesn't require alot of attention), I always start thinking about how many days I have achieved, and how many more days I am missing until I hit another one of the landmarks in the different NOfap challenges that I am involved.

In a previous streak (when i reached day 50) I decided to only log into Nofap every 2 days, in hopes I stopped thinking about the streak so much. Unfortunately, I was not ready for that distance so it eventually contributed to my relapse later on.

I know that what I should be focusing on is on how I can change my life for the better, and not obessesing over the amount of days in my streak but it's been hard.

Today was actually my best day in this department, every time I felt my mind wander to the topic of my streak I forced it to think on how I could improve my productivity today and in the very close future (within this week). Because of this I have been having a super productive day!
    Hopefully this method keeps working.

Do you guys have any tips/advice on adressing this issue of "obsessing" over your current streak's day count?

4. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 6

I’ve been struggling with sexual arousal the entire day, but without any visual stimuli whatsoever.

I think my brain is finally feeling the effects of abstinence from PMO; what is the term called for when this happens? I expect the constant arousal will subside soon until it undoubtedly returns later, but for now I am celebrating becoming an Uruk-Hai!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  5. Alex_Al

Alex_Al Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Guys still here. Keep fighting. This battle seems endless but believe me it isn't. From where i am PMO is dead. I m glad to let you know. Be patient. Sooner or later it will become a truth also for you guys. Just keep fighting and fighting...
    Day 568!

6. I use a habit tracker that I downloaded to my phone and I set a reminder on it to send me a notification to check off the days without pm.

I did this long before I joined a forum and I didn't join one till I failed a few times on my own. I thought an accountability partner would be the thing to have, but ultimately it was kinda exhausting and I didn't benefit much from an online acquaintance. The forum provided enough people to interact with and the landmarks were fun. I even reread LOTR in the first two months or so of the challenge.

So my advice would be start tracking with "habits" or some other app and don't take the tracking on here too seriously, just take advantage of the diverse community!

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in !
    tips followed :
    1)Meditate-done
    2)Stay accountable daily-done
    3)Study about reboot-done
    4)Take cold showers-done
    5)Follow a trigger prevention plan-done
    6)Get occupied.Work on your hobbies and dreams-done
    7)Practice physical exercise-done
    8)Eat healthy-done
    9)Sleep well-done my best and stayed in bed trying to fall asleep.
    10)No alcohol,drugs,intoxicants-done
    11)AEFF-kept my cool under mishaps, refused to panic under a lot to do but carried on patiently ,checking off one by one my days tasks
    12)Pray to God-done it in the morning and going to do it again after hitting the bed

8. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@Slider8 Wow, that is very impressive. You are really advancing in self-control, I don't know if I could remain so calm in that situation.

9. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@Alex_Al thanks for sharing the view from over there!

10. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 58! Checking in real quick before dropping into the bed. I am facing resistance and let me tell you... this time I am confident I will break through it

11. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 132 checking in

Every once in a awhile check you are still alive and...smile!

Peace for all!

12. Strugglingforyears

Strugglingforyears Fapstronaut

Check in Day 30

The Elven town of Rivendell greets my arrival. A Council of representants explains the path to Mordor in detail. I am now an Elf

bob200, crazyhorse11, Julito and 9 others like this.
  13. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 2

Pretty good day so far. I went to confession and have been praying. Still need to spend some quiet, meditative time.

I've been bad about returning to grad school duties, but that's because I've been playing with the nephews, which I don't get to do too often.

I don't think I'll make it to the gym today, so I will do pushups. At least 50 in two sets of 25. Hopefully more.

eagle rising, Slider8, Julito and 5 others like this.
  14. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 2. Let’s keep doing this step by step, the workout its helping me so much and I’m doing all my discipline again but now with more decision

15. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

16. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

Day 12
    2021 Global Counter: 6/6

17. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Heavy urges all around. So far the trigger prevention techniques are working well so I'll stick to them....
    Take care fellowship

18. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

19. Day 7 complete! Feeling strong and blessed. I failed to run or pray a Rosary today (I try to do at least one of those two every day) but I had a chance to hang out for a couple hours with an old high school buddy, and I took a cold shower same as usual.

@Slider8 I will reiterate what others have said, and leave this quote from the NoFap page on Rebooting: "Wet dreams are NOT grounds for a reset, nor can they ever be considered a kind of relapse!"

@BrotherHal If you haven't read it before, the article I linked above may be very helpful for you as well. I'm not sure there's a specific term for what you're experiencing, but it's a very common and normal part of the reboot experience! If our brains are used to having something and we stop providing it, it's to be expected they'll go a little crazy.