1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Well done Brexiters..... Thanks for wrecking the future!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Daviesmark1, Jun 26, 2016.

1. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

Edit: Never mind. Would rather not get into a political fight right now.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. Thackeray

Thackeray Fapstronaut

Difficult to know what to make of a thread that essentially calls you a moron for voting leave. Yes, I voted leave. I'm also of the generation that is supposedly for remaining. The EU is a bloated mess. The biggest mistake this project made in my opinion was prematurely adding the eastern bloc countries. If it had just been a union as it was, between the member states up until 1995-6, I don't believe we'd have had the referendum. It outgrew itself too fast. If you're against big government, you voted leave. That's why I voted leave and am happy with the result. Call me a moron, all you want.

3. IGY

IGY Guest

@tweeby you are commenting on the presidential campaign in America, which is not the discussion in this thread. :rolleyes:
    Well you are wrong. Nigel Farage is not even a member of parliament (MP). So, he cannot become the Prime Minister. :rolleyes:

4. Thackeray

Thackeray Fapstronaut

Pigs will fly before Farage ever becomes prime minister. It won't ever happen. They have on mp! UKIP will continue to take labour and tory votes, but the best they will manage is a handful of mps, never enough in our lifetime for them to get a majority and see Farage as PM. Farage is likely to stand down soon enough anyway. UKIP need a new leader and it'll be Steven Wolfe, I'd imagine.

5. xedger

xedger Guest

Beginning to wonder if some good might eventually come out of this mess.

The labour party could easily split now. We could see a more old school / quasi marxist party led by Corbyn, and a new centre left faction which could merge with what's left of the libdems.

The conservatives are not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, and Boris's last minute jitters is good evidence of this. I actually think UKIP will continue to abstract votes from them, particularly when right wing voters realise that we will continue to incur all the same costs for access to the single market but without having a voice at the table.

One scenario is that we end up with several smaller parties who can only form a government in coalition, which might mean that a more representative electoral system (i.e. proportional representation) is required. Much as I dislike everything that UKIP stands for, it is unacceptable and undemocratic that 3.9 million people can vote for a party in an national election and end up with just one MP.

Nothing has been done about this because it's UKIP and they are nuts. Watch what happens if a former mainstream party suffers the same fate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32601281

Thackeray likes this.
  6. New Life Mantra 333

New Life Mantra 333 Fapstronaut

7. Thackeray

Thackeray Fapstronaut

These are certainly interesting times. Interesting to see what'll happen with Labour now. The Bliarite purge is here and the majority of the member and activists are for that. Next Wednesday is the key date..it's Chilcott report day. The reason they wanted Corbyn out, many speculate.