Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ifthisislove, Feb 14, 2016.

1. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

I've been reading heaps of self-help books in the last year and just finished The Richest Man In Babylon. Currently reading How to Win Friends and Influence People. My aim is to read a book a week in 2015 and I'm on my 5th so far, therefore I'm a little off target.
    I'm going to set an aim of 50 books to read this year.

So without further ado ladies and gents, please fire over your suggested reads..

2. This one is the best I've read yet.

"Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Matz. M.D.

3. Ivelostcount

Ivelostcount Fapstronaut

Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Also I really enjoyed The way of the Superior Man by David Deida (also touches on semen retention, essentially NoFap)

onebookperweek and The Eleven like this.
  4. The Eleven

The Eleven Fapstronaut

"Wherever You Go, There You Are" - Jon Kabat-Zinn.
    "The Power of Now" - Eckhart Tolle

5. Integral

Integral Fapstronaut

This is one of the best habits you can ever make. It will change your life.

Keep reading. I was reading 4 hours a day until a few days ago. I personally need to simplify my life and am spending more time on creating art and playing guitar, but after about two months I am getting back to dedicated reading.

ifthisislove and onebookperweek like this.
  6. "Learned Optimism" by Martin Seligman, PhD.

It helps you destroy limiting beliefs and feelings of helplessness with disputation and distraction techniques as well as rational thinking.

onebookperweek likes this.
  7. RiverOaks

RiverOaks Fapstronaut

The NOW Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play by Neil Fiore, PH.D. is a really good read that I personally took a lot out of.

8. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

9. onebookperweek

onebookperweek Fapstronaut

Unlimited Power, by Anthony Robbins.

10. "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Despite the name of the book a lot of the techniques within apply very well to areas of your life outside of your finances too.

11. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

As it's World Book Day today, should tell you all that I'm reading How To Win Friends quite regularly as the book advises in the intro..

JesusGreen likes this.
  12. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

Good for you. This is an admirable pursuit of yours. If you think about it, we live in a Golden Age of Learning. Never before in history has so much information been so accessible to so many people. At the touch of a button you can have a book on your tablet or e-reader. Until very recently, only a handful of people were even capable of reading at all. We are lucky to be on this Earth at this time. An amazing time to be alive!!!

My recommendation is: Freedom From the Known, by J Krishnamurti

ifthisislove likes this.
  13. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Couldn't agree more!