1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with anger and depression thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ADC, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ADC

ADC Fapstronaut

Hey
    I'm not talking about PMO-related stuff here. I'm on day 18 of no-PMO and good life habits and it's working good, I'm slowly recovering I guess.

But because of something that happenned yesterday, I may have permanent hearing loss at my right ear. I just come back from the doctor who is a friend of mine, I still have a few things to do so I can be sure it's not something else but chances are I won't ever hear something again in this hear...

And that's strange, I don't want to give up on no-PMO... I feel like it has become my new life now, I wouldn't even see any pleasure in watching P or M anymore, but I want to give up on everything else I started to do - reading, lifting, runing, ... And just say fuck it, fuck this world.

How would you deal with this ?

Muntasir04 likes this.
  2. perusan

perusan Fapstronaut

Hi ADC

Sorry to read about your news. I have several friends and family that suffer from various types of hearing loss. It is an upsetting experience, but what people have told me about it dealing with it is much like dealing with grief. You may be grieving for the loss of your hearing.

Grief counselling may help. Or learning from others who have gone through the same process what they have experienced and how they have dealt with it.

Personally I would not give up the other activities. It will just create a vacuum in your life that will need to be filled. I think the reason you posted your concerns here is because your addiction is using your grief to bring you down, to create that vacuum, that vulnerability. I say, Resist it. Say fuck it, but say it to the addiction. Say fuck it to your hearing loss. Show yourself that you are still you. You are still living and you are not going to let anything get in the way of that living.

3. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

Crappy things like that are just part of life. Let yourself feel what you need to feel and just keep moving forward.

4. ADC

ADC Fapstronaut

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. It has been a bit better today, still have a tinitus that makes me go crazy so I'll definitely try meditation a lot, since it's recommended in that case.