1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

KILLING the flatline: My journey

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GettingAGrip, Jul 19, 2018.

1. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I've been in flatline for a while and it was horrible.. No morning wood, no spontaneous random erections, even if I do manage to get one it won't last longer than 10 seconds and pretty weak. Can't remember the last time I had a wet dream lol.

As @JesusGreen talked about Vitamin B6 and it's effects on dopamine and Prolactine (PRL), I went and got a 100mg bottle and started taking one pill a day since Tuesday, 7/17.

I took one at 5pm and went on about my day, went to the gym and did cardio (I never do cardio but I started to in hopes of killing the faltline), ate my greens and proteins, etc. I went to bed at around 12 and shortly after, I got a tiny erection that didn't last long but it was there.

Wednesday morning I woke up at 7:00am for work, still fatigued as usual however not as much. I wouldn't say I noticed a difference just yet. I took my B6 at around 10:00am.
    As I was getting off work at 5:00pm, I felt more energy than usual and I was so stoked to hit the gym and do cardio (mind you I HATE cardio lol) so as soon as I got home I went to workout. I also meditated for 20-30 mins (I will talk about that in the next comment along with a link so stay tuned)

When I went to bed, I was tired enough to be able to sleep comfortably and I also started getting a couple erections here and there (you know, like the good old days) and they lasted for a few minutes each. I was lowkey excited but I wasn't putting my hopes up just yet.

This morning, Thursday, I woke up feeling great. Got out of bed right away, I wasn't sluggish or fatigued. I got to work and took my B6 at 9:30am. I will report back later before bed!

This is my personal experience and trial & error if I could call it that. Stay tuned!

2. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

Meditation:
    People usually pay little-to-no attention to meditation. Please, and I repeat, PLEASE give it a try.
    Start with 20-30 mins a day. Find a comfortable spot to sit away from distractions and meditate.

Here's what I do and it's really simple once you start doing it:
    - Sit in a comfortable position in my room
    - Put my phone on Do Not Disturb, put on my headphones
    - Close my eyes as the track starts
    - Breathe slowly, through the nose and out the mouth

This is the track I listen to:
    These are Theta Waves, you can look them up if you're interested!
    The track is 11 mins so I just play it three times.

All you have to do is clear your mind, relax your muscles, and focus on your breathing.

justafriend and david_green like this.
  3. david_green

david_green Fapstronaut

Thanks dude, I’ll give it a try

GettingAGrip likes this.
  4. mgz069

mgz069 Fapstronaut

@GettingAGrip any updates on the B6 usage?
    I am waiting for mine to arrive!

5. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

I've been taking B6 daily since I started, along with VH Nutrition Longjack (Tongkat Ali). I definitely feel a difference, more energy, less brain fog, no fatigue (as much).
    I also noticed more erections and morning wood haha.

mgz069 likes this.
  6. mgz069

mgz069 Fapstronaut

Great thats very encouraging!

GettingAGrip likes this.
  7. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

I basically changed my lifestyle a hundred and eighty degrees.
    Started running and lifting heavy everyday, eating vegetables and greens at least once a day (red onions and garlic gloves are a MUST), meditating and doing breathing exercises.

Most importantly, BELIEVE in yourself. The brain is very powerful, if it can put us down like this after years of abuse, it can absolutely change you back and make you stronger than ever.

Good luck!

8. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Try Zinc 50mg 3 times a week

GettingAGrip likes this.
  9. suntannedsailor

suntannedsailor Fapstronaut

Hey, would really be interested in your experience after couple of months. There are many many recommendations all over the place as regards to different kind of herbs and vitamins. B6 sounds great so curious to know how you are doing now.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  10. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

In all honesty, I have a grey opinion about B6 and supplements now.
    I stopped taking them a month ago and I saw no difference when I stopped. I took B6, L-Citrulline, and Maca a couple days ago but honestly, I don't think I saw any difference now either.

Everything else is great. I'm gonna post a thread about how I feel now as an update, and if you have any questions please feel free to message me and I'll be more than happy to help!

WARRIORMAN, suntannedsailor and Randy like this.
  11. outlander.9

outlander.9 Fapstronaut

Try ZMA pills. It's got Zinc, Magnesium and B6 in a blend.

I'm not a big believer in supplements but I have found that ZMA gives me more restful sleep, less muscle soreness and better erections (talking about morning iron here). It's only about 20 bucks for a 3 month supply.

suntannedsailor and GettingAGrip like this.
  12. WARRIORMAN

WARRIORMAN Fapstronaut

ZMA are the shit , lucid dreams , deep restful sleep and morning wood that you could jack a car up with

GettingAGrip and outlander.9 like this.
  13. WARRIORMAN

WARRIORMAN Fapstronaut

My dad is 81 and dying , I had a ZMA induced lucid dream where my dad said goodbye to me and that I was on my own now , I feel different the next day , like I had done 20 years therapy in one night .

14. rivari

rivari Fapstronaut

I took my first zma just 1 hour a go, im curious what this night will bring me.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  15. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

How did it go?

16. rivari

rivari Fapstronaut

Nothing special so far, im sleeping for a longer time and i feel more relaxt getting out of bed but that is also cause im having burn-out symptoms. Im not having lucide dreams and morning wood is there but not that long nor hard. Its feeling a little better, but i gotta rest for a few days or maybe two weeks and then start a strict sleeping schedule. Im thinking of 10:00 to 7:00 is nice

17. Sufc101

Sufc101 Fapstronaut

HI guys

From someone who has know experience taking supplements pill..... if I take zma pills then I don't need to take b6 or zinc tablet individually as the Zma has all them together.

Very interst in experimenting.... Day 4 of nofap.... morning wood non existent so far... but horny.