1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditate don't Masturbate my new Mantra: Mindfulnesss and Focused Being

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tantalus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Tantalus

Tantalus Fapstronaut

so while I am on Day zero still, my musings on mindfulness and the power of PMO to distract, self-sooth, self-numb.
    At the core of every one of our PMO practices no matter how diverse, perverse, frequent or just strange is the drive to distract ourselves: distraction from whatever it is that drives each one of us as individuals to push the dopamine button. We all have that in common irrespective of the triggers and drivers.

I am a confirmed atheist but over the past few years have become increasingly convinced of the power of meditation and mindfulness. The tradition has been around for thousands of years and pre-dates almost all more modern religions, though it in itself is not a religion but a philosophy.

My distractions, my obsessions, my addiction increasingly come from my cognitive dissonance: my busyness or busy mess. As a race we are becoming more and more overstimulated, over reactive, over sharing, over busy.

I am going to embark on even more mindfulness, more being and not doing.

Today I am reading The Attention Revolution by Alan Wallace. I have decided to take time out from work, from life and from the hum-drum to invest in my own improvement. To take action beyond abstinence, to reward myself with nourishing improvement in the place of putrefying self-indulgence.

guyinsideout, A41:14A and Anonymous86 like this.
  2. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut