1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Multitasking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mike28, Jul 4, 2019.

When was the last time you sat and drank coffe without doing something else?

1. All the time

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. This week

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. This month

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. This year

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Last year or longer

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Hey guys

I've just listened to a video about phone addiction and one sequence hit me:
    "There's this obession with multitasking. What does it look like to monotask and to sit and drink coffee? When was the last time you sat and drank coffe without doing something else? We can be so productive and so much more balanced in a really good place when we're not trying to do eight things at once"

This quote made me realize that I multitask all day long but focusing on one thing at the time would be so important. I believe monotasking more often could help with my attention span.

2. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Yup!

Refs:
    "The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload" [link]
    "Algorithms to Live By: The Computer Science of Human Decisions" [link]

3. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Thanks man! I am curently reading a different book about mindset but I've saved yours and will check them out afterwards!

4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

The deeper understanding of this is recognizing the tasks are not synched up in the larger context of your environment. There are always multiple processes happening simultaneously in nature, but when we deliberately use our mind to do somethings and none of the multiple tasks have anything to do with anything else, it trains it to work in a divided way rather than a unified way. Body is disconnected from mind, even one part of the mind is disconnected from another part of the mind.

5. Hermes Lupus

Hermes Lupus Fapstronaut

Multitasking sucks.

Deleted Account likes this.