1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap, Nodrink, Nogames...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Questosterone, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Aside from fapping, but drinking and video games have been a big part of my life for the past few years. I've spent a lot of time on them and I know I've used them to escape from the world. I thought it would be good for me to give up all three, I think it will be easy enough. If I don't have these things to keep me distracted then I can accomplish more. Since I experimented with this, I found that I get a lot more done. I train harder, eat better, feel better etc... And the sense of accomplishment I get seems to give me a confidence boost, which helps with social anxiety.

2. That's what I did, and I can assure you that even though it might look harder as you're quitting several addictions at the same time, it actually help tremendously. I don't really know why. Perhaps because you know you're making your life overall healthier, resulting in an extremely happier you. I cannot possibly could advise you more to do it. As long as you're ready to acknowledge the fact that you're life WILL change, and for the best, there's nothing to be afraid of.

The trick for me to succeed was to replace bad addictions by good ones. I'm very Catholic so I became deeply more involved into religion, lost a lot of weight, started running, got really more into work, and overall have been more happy that I ever could have thought it possible to be.

About confidence... This is the truest thing for NoFap. You have. No idea. How much of a beast you become. Confidence for me is the cherry on the cake. It's the best part of NoFap. It's like, the more you quit, the healthier you are, the happier you are, the more confident you are, the healthier you are, etc etc, and it never ends!

I wish you all the best and strength in the world for your reboot journey! Have the nicest day!

3. Thanks. Reading the stories on the forums keeps me inspired. As long as I have a goal in mind I can resist temptation.