1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relapse and Breaking Up

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by psychic_egg, Apr 26, 2018.

1. psychic_egg

psychic_egg Fapstronaut

I've been dating a girl for about 7 months now, and during the last 2 or 3 months I had a pretty good streak going of no PMO - there was a stressful time for me and I relapsed, and have had a hard time getting back on the horse since. It is around this same time that I have been questioning my relationship with my girlfriend. There have been some red flags throughout the relationship that I either overlooked or hoped would change in time, but now these things seem to be coming to a head and I can't discern whether it is my fault in a state of weakness that I am wanting to leave the relationship, or if now I'm seeing clearly that this relationship isn't sustainable.

The changes that are taking place now:
    - I'm about to graduate college. (that in itself is a big one, and something that my girlfriend does not understand as she still has 2 more years of college left)
    - I've relapsed on PMO 5 or 6 times in the last two weeks, ending a 56-day streak.

TL;DR: How do I decide whether or not to stay in the relationship and work through this hard, turbulent time, or leave? How does my relapsing with PMO affect the way I view my relationship? I'm very confused.

j_pwc_bat likes this.
  2. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

No sweat -- take a break from the relationship.

Tell her something like ....... " I have to read an important book for a class" ... or "I have a very important
    test coming up that I need to study for... and you'll call her in a week."

That will give you a break .......

Then, in a week you can decide if you want to contact her/or not... or pursue healthier, smarter women that give you peace.

Good luck

Ancheme likes this.