1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Religious girlfriend wouldn't have sex :(

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by dragonslayer, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Buzz Lightyear, I recommend you to walk out of this relationship - for her sake!

First of all, your girlfriend made a mistake to start a relationship with you in the first place. The bible says that we should not unequally yoked! That means, Christians should marry only Christians - otherwise they may set up themselves for disaster! How can two walk together if they do not agree?

By the way, I'm a bible believing Christian. I gave my life to Jesus when I was 18. When I was 20 years old, I made that big mistake to begin a closer relationship with a muslim. I was somehow deceived, because he had grown up in a Christianized country, and thus he seemed open to Christianity. He did believe in God, and he was actually the one who first asked me the quetion whether I believed in God. But he was very secular in his mind, and he absolutely wanted sex. Well, we started getting intimate right from the beginning. At that time, I also had that liberal view like your girlfriend; that my boyfriend and I could do basically everything when it comes to physical intimacy - but that we should only abstain from sexual intercourse. To me, this meant keeping pure until marriage. Of course that was playing with fire. To make a long story short: After about 8 weeks, I ended up allowing him to penetrate me. Until this very day, I consider this the biggest mistake of my life. Having lost my virginity to a man who is not in my life anymore, sucks in a way. I have forgiven him, so I'm not really struggling in that sense. Now this is about 25 years ago, and I still haven't gotten back my virginity (and I'm still not married yet by the way...).

Dr_prof likes this.
  2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

? I am in no relationship. And am not desperate for one either.

3. You are in no relationship Buzz Lightyear? So how would you call this situation then if I may ask?

4. Dr_prof

Dr_prof Fapstronaut

@Hannah II - Because it is Dragonslayer who is in this relationship :)

5. Lol! People's misunderstanding can sometimes be funny sometimes :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Hannah II likes this.
  6. Oh thank you Dr. Prof for making me wise to this! And sory Buzz Lightyear for falsely addressing instead of Dragonslayer! I think it would be helpful if we could all be in a face to face meeting - at least it would make communication so much easier ;-)

7. Dr_prof

Dr_prof Fapstronaut

LOL yes it would.

8. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Unless you are really committed to the person and hold the same belief system do not date a virgin waiting for marriage to have sex. It doesn't work.

Hannah II likes this.
  9. MarinoBigFan1984

Now what they define as sex matters too.

Hannah II likes this.
  10. Respectfully, I'm not so sure. I think you could convince her if she had any sexual feelings towards you. She can't give you a hand? (Pun intended) Nothing? Even a Catholic can do stuff. You could convince her I bet if you pushed a little @dragonslayer

11. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

It shouldn't be a big deal if you don't have sex, I'm just saying. Sex is not something that has to be done immediately. If you want, for now, try to be more emotionally and physically intimate with her :).

12. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

It only matters if you want it to matter. o_O

13. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I personally believe that sex should be for the purpose of making babies, and that's it.

14. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

The best thing would be to not force your partner into sex if he or she doesn't want to (I'm not saying that all people do that).

sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.
  15. Bruh, you really need to read up on Catholic doctrine. Except for some mild kissing, there are no sexual acts allowed outside of marriage, and even within marriage there are certain acts/behaviors which are contrary to the virtue of chastity. Furthermore don't push people to do things which are against their conscience; that does a lot of damage to the other person and it's pretty fucking selfish behavior on your part.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2017
    Septimus likes this.
  16. Cool off

17. MarinoBigFan1984

What I meant was some couples may reserve penial vaginal intercourse for marriage but engage in other sexual behaviors generally non penetrative. From what I'm reading that's not the case here. I doubt she would even let you see her in bikini or underwear. With this level of disconnect the relationship will not work.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

From the source: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm . It's quite clear. Any sexual activities between unmarried persons are gravely sinful. As for your suggestion of mutual masturbation, that's covered under article 2352. 2353 would cover fornication. And 2351 Lust would cover your inevitable suggestion that oral or other acts would be okay.

If she's weak in her faith, he may succeed, but that's hardly a good action. If she's strong in her faith and knowledge of it, it will likely upset her.

19. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

That's why emotional and mental intimacy is the most important, before sex happens.

20. Okay.. I suppose that's true if shes extremely religious. I'm not saying pressuring her to have sex, but like nothing at all? You can't expect holding a bf more than 3-4 months. She can do more than cuddling/kissing. Any regular everyday Christian would agree with this (just no sex) unless they were super into it. I know Christian ladies that don't believe in sex before marriage. But theyll go down on you.

If you can't ask your significant other for this w/o her getting upset, then that ain't right.