1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggle indirectly with the incontinent thought

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Stichting, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Stichting

Stichting Fapstronaut

My previous 2 posts may be confusing, but it mainly comes down to the following.

When you're already doing it (pmo, urge, fantasising), there aren't easy things you can do to stop it, but at other times when you're not doing it, you can way more easily prepare for future times to make it easier to break out of it as a result of being trained for that.

So, those moments where you have a big urge or doing pmo can be extremely difficult to the point that you believe you're doomed for the rest of your life, because of that it seems like it will keep happening and never be able to have a real streak.

I have been there, but it really helps to, when you have the free time, think about it and what you could do about it.

It doesn't have to be anything specific like I mentioned last time, just thinking about it in general, and doing that regularly will make it more likely that when 1:[an urge comes, or thoughts about doing any of pmo, or fantasizing], a thought of consideration appears shortly after 1 appears.

The brilliant scientist Isaac Newton once said: "The way to chastity is not to struggle directly with incontinent thoughts, but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things. For he who is always thinking of chastity will always be thinking of women."

Which is true, but I'll take it a step further. Avoid the distractions with better activities, but nowadays with all the triggers and many people having made a habit of it, some preparation(described above) can be a helpful addition to that.

So don't struggle directly, but perhaps at times, indirectly.

theflutesofSilenus likes this.