1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends
    Freedom Fight 7 steps
    1 - Lockup devices
    2 - Eliminate access to any erotic content (e.g. Films, TV shows, magazines...)
    3 - Give specific questions to your accountability partner
    4- Avoid people and situations that will trigger you
    5 - Bounce your eyes
    6- Pray as Our Lord taught us to pray
    7- If you relapse, confess to your AP
    Matthew 5: 29-30

2. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 5 I think! things are not going in any direction... yesterday and today I mostly spent my time playing videogames, not a good thing, I know, but a little rest is needed from now and then. I have uninstalled the game and will use tomorrow to set some real goals that I want to get into. There is still some frustration in me as I have a lot of paperwork to fill, but I guess the lore I postpone it, the more I have.
    Any ideas for some challenges I can take for 30-60-90 days? (I can't do sports for 2 weeks though)

3. Virtus

Virtus Fapstronaut

4. Checking in as a Nazgul on Day 0. I fell twice in one day. This backsliding is getting worse and worse. I went out for a run later that evening, and as I was pushing through the midpoint, I kept reminding myself over and over in my mind that "I am not a quitter." It's gotten me through many tough runs before. I wanted to give up on the NoFap community and perhaps my entire effort to get clean, but...that's just not going to work. I won't quit trying to quit, haha.

For a little more accountability I'm reposting from my journal my list of reasons not to PMO.
    --I pridefully reject God's Will and substitute my own.
    --I reject the gift of my body by using it for an unintended purpose.
    --I separate myself from God's grace.
    --I fall into despair, believing myself unworthy of God's love and grace.
    --I am unable to receive the Blessed Sacrament due to being in a state of mortal sin.
    --I struggle to discern God's Will for my life due to the cloud of sin in my life.
    --I contribute to an industry which categorically mistreats and abuses people.
    --I degrade my own human dignity by objectifying my body.
    --I degrade the human dignity of others, especially women in my case, by objectifying their bodies.
    --I struggle to have healthy, proper interactions and relationships with the women I know.
    --I am made a hypocrite by my actions.
    --I experience strong feelings of shame and guilt.
    --I lose the confidence and presence of mind to be a good leader.
    --I may scandalize others or set a poor example for them if they learn of my behaviors.
    --I lie to hide my behaviors.
    --I teach my brain to value sex above anything else.
    --I reinforce unhealthy habits and thought patterns in my brain.
    --I potentially injure my body, or inhibit its proper functioning.
    --I procrastinate more.
    --I have poorer concentration and thinking ability.
    --I struggle to focus on whatever task is at hand.
    --I have less energy and drive to accomplish necessary tasks.
    --I waste significant amounts of time.

5. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

6. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

7. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

8. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

19 days. Push-ups in the morning and an hour of walking in the evening when it was cooler outside. Also got about 2-3 hours work done during the day. Pretty much no urges.

9. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

Day 50 I am a Dwarf now!

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

10. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

How to have a total reset?

I have been going in and out of nofap for a while now, not being able to make it past day 3 and even that was really hard.

In the past I’ve made it to a week a couple of time and even two weeks now, but this month my best was just to push down the number of “sessions” and hours as low as I can.

Have you ever experienced that? The need to restart the restart process?

Do anybody now of like a step by step guide, because I have all the knowledge about nofap, but I’m just need to form a concrete plan of action and I feel stuck and really out of balance.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

...and if you don't have accountability partner confess here ,to the brotherhood ! :)

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Try rhythmic breathing of yoga for the first 30 days.:)

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Hey bro it looks like you are consistently missing on something. Do you do these everyday-Prayer,Meditation, sleeping well, Studying about rebooting as well as eating moderately and healthy?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  14. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 118 no PMO. Happy Father’s Day guys!

Chi405, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 5 others like this.
  15. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Big relapse today.
    I seem to feel less responsible for my actions after being PMO free for around 1.5 months. I also begin to fish more and that's always a bad sign.
    For me, the first couple of weeks after a relapse are always very easy, so I am now going to focus more on ways to stay strong when it starts to become more difficult.
    I have more spare time now, so I also have the ability to be more active on this forum again.

Can you reset my rank @RiseToGreatness? Thank you.

Never give up!

16. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

17. greenTree

greenTree Fapstronaut

Wow I remember how good I felt when I was 17 days streak . I am back again.
    Well guys, I tried several things but they werent so useful like I thought. U can try deleting ur internet, cpu usage and so on. But as long as u wont have the heart to do the nofap , no single tool gonna safe u. U always gonna find a way to do nothing and back to the bad habbits. That s of course my share. I tried [still using] cold turkey. U can do a lot with that but when the time comes and u wont have the will power to just move forward you will find a way to reboot anyway. So 3 days ago I started taking cold showers, beeing here always gave me lots of will power especially during come backs ;) Hope I gonna finnaly make my 30 streak again.

Wish me Luck ;D
    Day1

18. Draconid

Draconid Fapstronaut

Day 1. Felt tempted earlier - any tips?

19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Coldshower, prayer and some good measure of physical exercises (like push ups, squats, sit ups, pullups, dips and 15 min run. next time you feel them.;)