1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sleep Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Single Palm Change, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Ok Roady, I'm trying to keep things neutral and secular in my posts, but I will add this one.

I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  2. I_can_and_I_will

I_can_and_I_will Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Very very informative! Thank you lots for sharing this and providing all those wonderful tips, I'm gonna be a frequent reader of this post :)

Single Palm Change likes this.
  3. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

That's actually pretty fcuking good advice. well done.

4. This has been probly the numberone obstical i face. When i try to sleep, thats when the urges come.

5. Single Palm Change

You probably have an ingrained habit of PMOing before you go to sleep. Try to change some of the circumstances surrounding your evening routine. Rearrange your bedroom, or try sleeping on the floor.
    Experiment with some changes, in order to make it a "new" thing, then your old habit will probably weaken.

6. Your spot on. Thats an excellent idea.

7. Single Palm Change

What's up fellas?

I would like to know if any of you have tried to implement some of the advice, and what your experiences are?
    Do you have any new advice not on the list? Please share it!

---------
    I would like to add a comment: Having a sleeping journal is one of the things that are benefitting me the most. Just being aware of when and how much I sleep has really helped me develop better habits.
    I am now settled into a good sleeping pattern. I go to bed at 11 PM latest. I get up before 7 AM most days, and if I sleep in, I wake up by myself at 9 AM or so. There are no more of those long mornings in bed feeling like shit - which is awesome!

Magnesium supplements help me to feel refreshed and well rested. I am waking up content and happy, ready for a new day.

8. Summer Son

Summer Son Fapstronaut

Sometimes I have serious problem with sleeping. I saw your post in my story thread and your signature about this subject, I was thinking to look for it for a long time but I have read this topic yet! I have read all this amazing things very quickly. Thank you for this post, informations and for posting my story :)

9. walkinfaith

walkinfaith Fapstronaut

This is a very good and informative article.Thanks a lot.

10. Thanks for your excellent post, I would like to add that Lemon Balm helps sleep and possibly also Holy Basil (Tulsi)

11. Odigi13

Odigi13 Fapstronaut

12. Odigi13

Odigi13 Fapstronaut

13. Brilliant compilation of thoughts.
    I would like to add that for some people it is difficult in their environment to keep a rythm from morning to evening. For example in a family if a child needs something outside of the planned rythm one parent simply must get up and take care.
    I manage a pattern which allows 6 hours sleep during the week (school days) and 8-9 hours at the weekend because I need to catch up some hours. In a religious sense this is like you shall rest on the 7th day.
    For someone to start a healthy
    sleep rythm I recommend to focus on the 2 hours before bedtime. The rest will somehow develop from there if your daily mindset is focusing on and items from your well researched list can be employed step by step with trial and error.

Grandpa61 likes this.
  14. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

Very helpful information! Well researched

Odigi13 likes this.
  15. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

Thank you, this is a very helpful thread ;)

Grandpa61 likes this.
  16. Mr.Shaman

Mr.Shaman Fapstronaut

Well if you ask me, there is a simple yet powerful rule I use to fall asleep - sleep ONLY when you are tired, not when its time. Personally, if I dont fall asleep in 30 min, I will skip the whole day and fall asleep next night in 3-5 seconds.

Future role model likes this.
  17. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

So Informative and helping, thank you for the compilation. Very well ordered and written.

Grandpa61 likes this.
  18. fthis6464

fthis6464 Fapstronaut

Nice list bro! Very well organized and nice to look at. +1 for earplugs, don't sleep without them anymore. Everyone be careful about using melatonin everyday otherwise you kind of become dependent on it, I save it for emergencies.

One thing that helps me is sleeping with socks on, can't remember the reason why it works but it does. I also use a powernap of around 30 minutes during my lunch break if I got to bed late the night before. It works wonders and lunch breaks are usually just scrolling through the phone anyway.

Grandpa61 likes this.