1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet dreams do not contain sperm

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by goodnice 2.0, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Wet dreams at least for me do not effect me, but MO does. Wet dreams are not intentional, I am under the impression that wet dreams only contain prostatic fluid, not sperm! Furthermore, they are not the same as O from masturbation. I feel like total sht after ejaculating from masturbation but just as awesome the next day if I have a wet dream.

As one said in the post below: 'The look and texture of the two are different. During night emission, the sperm is not semen but translucent fluid. The difference I have noticed between sperm (emitted involuntary while sleeping) and sperm emitted voluntarily is in the texture and colour.'
    Is This Right Or Do I Need Help? - Romance - Nigeria (nairaland.com)

I cannot find any studies that show whether or not wet dreams carry sperm but I think not. However, masturbating definitely kills live sperm.. and its something you can control. Wet dream you cannot control so don't worry if you have wet dream!

They need to do a study on whether wet dreams contain sperm

Coak Hakola, Hero25 and Chevu Chelios like this.
  2. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

My dude. I am positive that semen contains sperm. Even if it is involuntary emission. You better not count on that. It is true that after long periods abstaining the spermatozoa have less motility and are overall of less quality, but it also has higher count than regular sperm of 2 or less days.

The source you provided is just another forum like this one. The only way your seminal liquid is free of sperm is if you do an operation to cut your vas deferens, or if you are born sterile, or a disease made you sterile. Otherwise your semen do have sperm.

3. Bullseye2

Bullseye2 Fapstronaut

If someone had a microscope they could simply run a slide of it after they had a WD and see. I have never heard that nocturnal emissions are sperm free. Doesn't make sense why they would be. It's the body trying to flush out old stuff.