1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Workout help.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Infrasapiens, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am a weakling and I hate that. I have been working out lately but nothing too serious. Could anyone give me any routine that doesn't use any equipment? Mostly for the pectoral muscles.

2. Iwannaquitplz

Iwannaquitplz Fapstronaut

Search for workouts with no equipment on youtube, then take your pick.
    Mostly you'll be doing a lot of balance stuff like planche, or more general push up variations and dips etc. Don't forget to work out your back or you'll end up hunched over... it's very obvious if you're only doing push ups! I found my shoulders started pulling forward until I learnt the correct technique(It's all about your shoulder positioning).

3. you wont get huge or anything using no weights but i can recommend some things i do.
    1. pushups - do until failure, try different variants such as, diamonds, wide stance, knuckle pushups, do these until failure every day, or just go to 100, i started off walking downtown and down 100 just walk around town and do 10 whenever you want and do it to you hit 100, than work to 200, than 250, and eventually you will hit 500, do this every single night, take sunday off, my workout partner when he started could hardly do 5 after he had a stroke, he made his way up to 500, dont give up, progress takes time.
    2. dips, find something to do dips on.
    3. pullups, find something, could be monkey bars or a tree limb
    4. squats, do 10 sets 3x, if can handle more do more, but just know not to overdue the first week, i made that mistake yesterday doing leg day finally and i could hardy walk for days, my legs still hurt.
    5. crunches, bicycles, planks, russian twists, lots of ab stuff.

here is the routine i recommend you follow
    monday, wednesday, friday, sunday,
    pushups - do 100, sets of 10, if that is to easy do 150 or 200,
    pullups - 3 sets of 10 is ideal, do what you can for right now, i recommend starting with chinups.
    dips - 3 sets of 10, do what you can
    squats - 3 sets of 10, definitely take legs easy the first week, trust me.
    abs - 30 crunches/30 leg lifts do these without stopping, however switch between the two every ten you do, 1 minute plank, 30 bicycle kicks, start the cycle off with the right leg and after 30 do 30 with the left leg. this is a good start for now. Also make sure to watch videos on proper form, this is very important, improper form can lead to injury and less muscle growth. Like i said this wont get the jacked like arnold but it will get you very lean and muscular.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
    goodnice 2.0 and Infrasapiens like this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Wonderful friend. Just what I wanted, unfortunately I cannot watch videos anymore but I will try it anyways, if I start to die I will stop. By the way, it is good to know you did not leave the forums after all.

BravelyKegger and goodnice 2.0 like this.
  5. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Do the Saitama challenge to get strong af.
    100 push-ups
    100 squats
    100 sit-ups
    10 km run
    Every
    Single
    Day
    !

Also, don't just do push-ups. Do pull-ups, if you have a bar at home. Do lunges as well, glute bridges, various forms of push-ups, dips, mobility work.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Some people have tried it and they do not seem to have become more defined, they exercises became easier for them but the results were unsuprising, as well as exhausting at the long run.

7. Don't do random shit from youtube / some website, you'll very likely be wasting your time.

Look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Ask questions on that reddit.

Personally I hate the hamstring thing they recommend cos it drives your knees into the fucking ground, I prefer this... https://www.t-nation.com/training/hamstring-hell-sliding-leg-curls

Diet is important to gain muscle. https://www.reddit.com/r/gainit

Personally I like to take weight lifting principles from sites like T-Nation and apply them to weighted calisthenics / gymnastics training. When you're advanced / have enough understanding to do so, you'll know what I mean.

If you wanna start adding pec mass ASAP, work in weighted pressups. Weight them with a backpack. Ensure the weight is centred on your lower back. Use excellent form and keep your core in the correct position, hard and strict, otherwise you'll get injured.

FORM IS EVERYTHING

8. lif3

lif3 Fapstronaut

You can get gainz without weights at home, if you are uncomfortable doing it at a gym as most beginners are.

There's the more common method of using your body weight, ie. Pushups etc. Then there is the less common method of using resistance bands that act like weights.

Weights create resistance by gravity.
    Bands create resistance by tension in the band.

Instead of buying multiple, expensive weights each time you wanna level up the resistance, you buy a 5 piece set of resistance bands (x-lite, lite, medium, heavy, x-heavy) that cost like $20 on amazon. Go through all the pieces and once you've cleared x-heavy, add 2 pieces together. This way you can literally increase the resistance to the equivalent of +500lbs of weights.

I'll show u a few band exercises for the pecs (you can in reality target pretty much all muscles with bands),
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [YOUTUBE]

9. i appreciate that ^~^.

10. honestly all of that is way to little, except the 10km run, doing that daily can really tear your body apart, in a very bad way.

Deleted Account likes this.