1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Angry and depressed

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Anyone else feeling like that at the moment? I sure am right now, I just don't now why or how I'm in that state, but it's just how I feel. But anyway, I guess I'm in unvoluntary hard mode and I feel like I just want to stop a lot of things like trying to date girls, trying to meet people, have new activities and all that. My cravings are low so I just don't know what's happening, I'm feeling constantly fed up with the kind of bullshit I have to go through with dating apps, meeting people, every fucking time it feels like a fucking job interview and I just know I won't get the fucking job.

Anyway sorry about this, I think I needed to let my anger out a little

2. mcgrim

mcgrim Fapstronaut

It's good you vented your anger. If you kept it internal then all that happens is it will fester and grow just like an infection.

3. No need to apologize I'm going through the same thing as well. Totally relate able saying it's like a job interview. I keep hearing people say take up a hobby or enjoy what you do and you'll naturally meet girls but I don't really believe that would work out for me. I'm getting angry too because I feel like I'm giving women too much of my attention and it takes away from my true identity, if that makes any sense. This was a relief to type, I hope if you feel upset again to come back here and maybe we can toss around topics. Depression has consumed my life and I'm trying my best to surpass that obstacle at the moment.

4. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

I felt that way too. And it pissed me off while I was struggling I still took the time to help other people instead of myself. And no one helped me. I didn't know how to say no and set healthy boundaries.

Honestly I was waiting for someone to save me, because I didn't know what I needed to do or was too scared to.

Once I could see that and admit that, I am here and feel like it still sucks, but I'm doing something about it. So there is hope . I am better today than I was yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today.

I think that not knowing if what you are doing is going to lead you to where you want is frustrating . If you know what you are doing is gonna help you accomplish your goals, it takes the sting away from how shitty a situation might be at the time. And sometimes all that takes is a little faith.

WesternWolf likes this.
  5. I want to run from that feeling of someone else saving me and condition myself to the point of saying only I can truly save myself. Maybe we have to change up the tactics day by day to get around PM and slowly merge with the healthy habits. The daily triggers that pop up out of nowhere are infuriating. Believing in a better future for us is very pleasant.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  6. Thanks for your messages guys, it helped me a lot. I don't know if any of this is right, I just basically decided to somehow embrace the hard mode I guess, uninstalled Tinder, and just decided to completely remove dating life from this equation. I think, at the moment I have to deal with that anger before even trying to meet someone. Is that a good move?

7. vyndaloo

vyndaloo Fapstronaut

Hey terytoughcookie,
    I think uninstalling Tinder and taking a break from dating is not just a good thing, but essential.
    We embark on this journey to learn self control and discover ourselves. It's wiser to do it without distractions.

WesternWolf likes this.
  8. Man I have felt just like you described and have been feeling that way for a while. Dating apps made me feel constantly rejected by women and I decided to get rid of Tinder/OKC/etc. My thinking was that truthfully I only have so much energy to commit to possibly meeting a woman and that energy is best spent possibly approaching and getting to know one in real life. I say I only have so much energy because I've recognized that the rest of my energy should be focused on my college coursework and my new job, as well as things I enjoy like riding motorcycles/gym/other hobbies. Trying to improve myself and be a be a better version of myself and I think that's what will attract the right mate.

It's good to vent, I feel ya. I have spent a long, long time very unhappy and very, very angry at times. Sometimes the loneliness is staggering, especially late at night. You aren't alone dude.

**EDIT** I didn't see your newer post about removing the dating apps and taking dating out of the equation. I think it's a smart move!

WesternWolf likes this.
  9. I think it's always a good move to slow down and take a look at yourself. I've never been in the dating game because I need to discover a way to like myself or putting myself out there would be too unorganized and fake. I would like to go back to college, I've been out a year but learning has always been a great distraction for me. There is so much out there in the world I feel silly when I worry about PMO or relationships. With each day that passes I'm trying to remind myself not to be jaded and bitter because of other peoples successes.

10. Thanks guys, I've been reading other threads. I guess my situation isn't that bad. I kinda stopped counting the days now, and I started boxing, which is something I've been dying to try. Love it and it calms me too. But you can only go so far with passion, discipline and self-enlightenment. Whilr it's helping me focus on other stuffs, I don't believe nofap grants you "super-powers" or that it suddenly makes you more noticeable to women. I'm not sure that I'll have another relationship in my life, and I'm doing Nofap to help me accept that fact. Maybe I'll die alone, maybe I won't have kids, maybe I won't have sex ever again. Maybe I'm just a monster that women find disgusting and don't want to interact with. It's alright, I just want Peace.

11. I don't think everyone experiences the same exact thing in NoFap, we each go about our days totally different. Maybe I'll die alone. I worry about that too, but I'm trying to redirect that energy into slow thinking throughout hikes and other things. Life already seems so slow I never understand the people that say it flies right by. It is amazing that you want peace, however I hope you can also find peace within yourself and do not consider yourself a monster.

12. mcgrim

mcgrim Fapstronaut

I agree with you in that everyone does experience things differently(that's what makes each of us unique).

For example my SO and I have made Saturday "our day" . Unless I have to work we spend the day together doing something and believe me on that day 12 hours can go by and it seems like one or two have passed. People can't understand why we do that but it is our way of making time to spend with each other.

When you are enjoying your time with someone your perception of time changes and I know this because before her I like you found time went by almost in slow motion at times. Now I find it is going so fast at times that you don't realize how much time has really passed.

That's why I keep suggesting people enjoy life because it is short and you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow or even later today for that matter.