1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-Harm

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by FindingAName, Jun 16, 2017.

What the fuck do i do?

1. Self harm with knife

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Don't Self Harm at all

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

i have been reading more threads of just well relationships and as i read more and more im slowly realising even if i kick this habit/pmo addiction i wont be confident or my anxiety will fuck it up for me, im acctually tearing up writing this because im reflecting on my life and what the future may be, alone. a serious ammount of people who have or are still on nofap still make threads about relationships not working or they will never get in one, ofcourse i well i may not go back into nofap im not sure, i may relapse i may give up, but writing this and before thinking of writing this i am just thinking about cutting myself with a knife. probably several times, across my hands wrists upper arms.

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

How are you today?

3. 42Oh

42Oh Guest

Don't harm yourself, please. It's destructive and it won't fix anything.

People do care about you. I don't even know you, and i care. It might not seem like it right now, but there are positive things in your life and many more good things will come to you over time.

Try to rest. Get through tonight and see how you feel tomorrow.

2525, WesternWolf and Flyhigh like this.
  4. As a person who has self harmed I will always urge people not to do it, please do not do it anymore. I understand how cold and dark isolation can feel but realize there are users you can talk to on here, about anything. I once thought that the scars I have are symbolic for the battle in my mind but only now do I know it is a destructive habit that prolongs depression and anxiety. I know it's a late response but I wanted to chime in anyway.

D . J . likes this.
  5. Tanner

Tanner Fapstronaut

I agree with Wolf and 42Oh, please dont harm yourself. I cant speak from experience, but I know that there are brighter days ahead. Think of how beautiful the world is, the technologies we have today. You may think you are alone, but here you are now. On the internet, connecting with people who care about you, who you have never even met.

The opportunity in this world is limitless. If we can still take breath in to our lunges, we can still change our lives. We can create a better world. Surround yourself with people who will believe in you, like we do.

Here is something I use when I am feeling down and out:

I hope this helps encourages you to get out of this dark place.

6. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

It's time to confront your issues head-on. You can't run away forever. Well you can, but you will never be able to move forward without facing it. Start from the bottom up

BruceD likes this.
  7. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

He'll look back one day and the message will still be here

8. Tanner

Tanner Fapstronaut

Not to derail the thread, but those are some strong accusations to be made if you refuse to even watch the video. E.T. has a PhD in Education Administration, and is probably the most prolific creator of free motivational content. His homeless to success story is pretty interesting, and he is very dedicated to the craft of motivating people. Whether you connect with his message or not, he is consistently telling people to grow, to learn, and to better themselves. I feel like that is a hard message to go against.

9. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I like this guy a lot. People may call these "platitudes" but they stand to be true if we really look under the surface and dig deep.