1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Distance Relationship Help

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by AndreiOptyck, Sep 6, 2017.

1. AndreiOptyck

AndreiOptyck New Fapstronaut

Hello, so I am 19 and like many others I was affected by the problems of masturbation...I couldn't do something at gym...I was in chronical fatigue, unable to talk with girls, etc...now I met this girl from Denmark which it's very close to me, she's older but very cool, we have each other and I want to do the step to visit her this Christmas after university, like 2 weeks, what had I observed, since I contain myself like 6-7 days I start to get more courage into talking with her and she changed her boring attitude towards me, we are more opened and passionate. Tell me, a man who doesn't masturbate can to attract more love from one woman ? I also felt more energic, there are 108 days left until I will visit her and I want to behave like a true man, will nofap help me to do a better impression ? From what I had observed, the tissue of my penis gets bigger and I get more erections too, I can think things faster but I also get angered easily..people say that nofap should give you mental peace but I do not feel it at all, after how much time is this viable ? I want to attract her, not to be obsessed after me, but I want her to look for me more and more.

2. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Yes, if u stop MOing u will have better health as ur body is going to learn to reuse that so far waisted energy for ur own sustainable. Your vitality will increse and ur mental state will eventualy stabilise, and trust me, woman will notice that.

But stopping MO is not all the work u must do. U must work on learning how to feel your emotions without them becoming overwhelming, you need to practice deep bodily relaxations to help your body to stay in peace without MO.

And if u like that girl... just go for it and enjoy her company. What ever happens, you will be wiser for it.

3. Pmo is in the past

Pmo is in the past Fapstronaut

I don't like long distance relationship because I would not see her very often.I don't trust her to be loyal.She can cheat with other guys.Just be her friend.

4. tin_man

tin_man Fapstronaut

Would also like to add on that you should find a hobby or at least something that can help you self-improve yourself. Go to the gym, read a book, draw, or anything of your interest. This can help you learn to "love yourself" because you are trying to become a better version of yourself. Since you will be waiting for about 3-4 months before you meet her, why not take the chance to improve yourself during this time period. That way, when you meet her, she can feel the presence of your development.

Not sure how it will go once you visit her, but if both of you get along, then great. However, if nothing works out, then just know that it was a nice experience.

5. dragonslayer

dragonslayer Fapstronaut

I'm sorry for whatever happened with you in the past. But please don't discourage this guy due to that.

Long distance relationships are hard, but if both are pushing they can make it. Jumping to conclusions without knowing her character is baseless and rude.

As for the original question, you getting angry due to higher testosterone level. That's natural. You have to be aware of that and control it and not let the anger control you.
    Try meditating and in the evening note down all the emotions you had during the day and try thinking about how you got them. That will increase your awareness next day.

Good luck

gingeralan and Deleted Account like this.
  6. tin_man

tin_man Fapstronaut

To dragonslayer: you are correct about me jumping to conclusions and using my personnel experience to inform someone else. I had a negative experience of someone whom I had a long distance relationship, which turned out to become really awful for me to say. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

gingeralan and dragonslayer like this.
  7. what is a better place to come from, than a personal experience tho?

8. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

They are difficult but can work.

9. Some women cheat in non long distance relationships. LDR isn't the issue, it's about the kind person you're in a relationship with.

10. MarinoBigFan1984

If you can't trust the person don't do LTR.

11. Here's a good article about how to have a successful LDR by someone who had a LDR with her now husband.
    https://www.mappingmegan.com/international-love-maintaining-a-long-distance-relationship/

I had a LDR. I would say women can get really insecure when in them so it's best to make them feel secure - chat and text with them everyday, call them as often as you can, visit them frequently. With my LDR we lived in separate continents so seeing each other frequently was impossible. LDR aren't easy but no relationships are.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. If you can't trust the person don't have a relationship, period! A lack of trust in a person destroys a relationship! Like Elvis once sang, 'We can't go on with suspicious minds'. I think if you trust issues you need to do some work on yourself first.

gingeralan likes this.
  13. MarinoBigFan1984

14. RickDC23

RickDC23 Fapstronaut

Personally I am not a fan of long distance relationships, you have to cope with a lot of feelings like anxiety. Right now i am 24 and when i was your age I had a long distance relationship, believe me, it might look like a fairy tale, but life changes a lot in only 108 days believe me. Do not gamble something that precious like your 19's just for someone you spent hours on a pc in front.

Instead keep not PMO and try talking to a girl where you live, I am quite sure you will find it nicer.
    If you still decide risking too much, I can say good luck. Be brave because not many people manage to get good things out of long-distance relationships.

15. IMO long distance relationship is totaly unnatural and thus detremental to ones wellbeing. We are made to have partners we can see, and which are in our vicinity. Not to be "with" ppl who are 100s of km away or more.