1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Noobotron52, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Noobotron52

Noobotron52 Fapstronaut

Does anyone know if Facebook keeps a history of what you click on? The activity log records likes and shares, but not views I guess?

I am asking because I want to show my wife that I haven't been looking at anything inappropriate on fb.

2. It keeps a history of what specifically you search for and who's profiles you visit. It's kinda buried though and I haven't had FB in a long while (I'm sure it's changed). Google, "Facebook search history" and see what comes up.

3. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

Why not show her in your browser history? It is pretty specific, I think it would show this.

4. Noobotron52

Noobotron52 Fapstronaut

She refuses to look at it

5. Um... what?

She wants to see your Facebook history but won't look at your browser history? That doesn't make any sense and it sounds like there might be some serious trust issues there.

6. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

This is a funny statement... So you want to prove to your wife your not looking at anything inappropriate... By showing her likes and shares record
    But not what you are viewing?

I take this as You Are viewing things inappropriately
    Just not liking or sharing them
    On purpose
    Correct??

7. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

And not really
    I bet she thinks he's edited the browser history but not FB history internally...
    If she's a smart girl, she is aware of multiple ways to do this from inside the account.
    She just needs his password.
    Never trust what you see on FB.

TalkingScum likes this.
  8. TalkingScum

TalkingScum Fapstronaut

I think this is very accusatory of her, like it's her fault. She's hurt and doesn't trust you. It's not her fault.

I'm only pointing this out because if you do not fully accept her reaction to your previous lies and victimization of her then it may be manifesting subconsciously when you talk to her or react to her.

I suggest, even during internal thought, try to keep all language in a way that doesn't place blame on her. Like 'my history with lies and deception make it hard for her to trust me and my sources.'

Not the best example or explaining, but hopefully you consider what I'm trying to say.

when a PA is in a relationship, there is going to be major trust issues unless they were fully communicating and honest from the beginning.

Concerning the FB activity. Ultimately, you should stop all social media interaction until you have accountability software I'm place. This serves two purposes:
    • Deterrent for you
    • Peace of mind for her and you
    But I'm not sure of any way to prove you're activity as of now.

9. Noobotron52

Noobotron52 Fapstronaut

I've gone ahead and quit Facebook. It seemed like the right decision.

hope4healing and TryingToHeal like this.
  10. Noobotron52

Noobotron52 Fapstronaut

I was trying to find a way to show her everything, including views

11. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

Good choice.

Kenzi likes this.
  12. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I agree.
    It's a good decision.