1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going out of order

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jka123, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Jka123

Jka123 Fapstronaut

So there is at least one girl I'm interested in in every one of my classes, I've spent about a week of thinking how to initiate a conversation without seeming creepy and working making eye contact and small conversations with girls when socially appropriate, then I realize I'm eating alone, I walk to class alone, there's only one guy in my classes that I have a semi friendly relationship with. I have no friends here, I have friends but none that live close by. I feel like I was trying to change the natural order of events by only focusing on possible relationships instead of building some acquaintances and friendship. In your experience does social growth follow a loose pattern or do you feel like I'm making excuses to avoid pursuing some of these women?

2. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I say just have a chat, don't think about social norms or natural order so much.

I'm in a similar situation in college with mainly women in my class, occasionally I just ask one of them how they went with the last exercise, and then it's just "talk talk talk", they naturally just talk heaps lol. So I encourage you to give it a go!

I don't know anyone there btw, and I find it doable to talk to people in my class, but still a challenge for me to approach girls walking to other classes or around the cafeteria for example. Which sucks because they're the ones I want to ask out haha, but if you're interested in ones in your class that might be easier!

3. BlueDragonfly

BlueDragonfly Fapstronaut

I've realized this too. I've been working on being more social before I bother trying to have a relationship. Also, I'm not going to any dances or asking our a girl unless I get to know them first.

4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Sounds good man! I'm trying to do the same thing, working up the social skills first. Careful for the friend zone too though! If you chat to a girl and can make her laugh etc. you might want to ask her out sooner than later :)

5. Got to Overcome

Got to Overcome Fapstronaut

I'd definitely consider joining as many clubs and social groups as possible. They make it far easier to strike up conversations and develop friendships. Study groups would be a great option to meet those with similar academic interests, and intramural sports teams are a fun way to meet people and get in shape. Most universities have all kinds of groups, so choose a few you're interested in and go for it.

And even if you're unable to meet a woman through these, they will help you build up your social network, which is important. Fair or not, a lot of women will see a guy who's constantly by himself and assume there might be a good reason for that.

6. BlueDragonfly

BlueDragonfly Fapstronaut

Well the thing is, I'm not doing it so I can get a girl, I'm doing it so that I can be comfortable having a relationship. I've known a good amount of girls that like me, and I'm certain they'd say yes if I asked them out. The thing is, I'm just not ready for a relationship. I've never even kissed a girl. I'm pretty much trying to catch up to everyone else.

7. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

That all sounds good man! Don't worry about catching up with everyone else though, just enjoy your own journey. But sounds like getting more comfortable (and looking out for a good girl in the process) is the way.