1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To kneel or stand? What's your opinon with the national anthem protests in America?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Yes. I don't state things as fact if I have zero experience on it. Even when people talk about it.

I have strong opinions and I do have opinions about things I haven't encountered but I don't just blurt things out at risk of looking like a fool.

2. OMG! Those dead black men at the hands of white police officers were irrational, illogical and paranoid, too, were they?

3. Ooops, too late! :oops: :p

4. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

I'm not falling for your bait. Cheap tactic, by the way. Still, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to change that obviously. So here's where I bow out. But just know that the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle and this issue is no exception. Until everybody starts to realize that, the debates will continue on without any middle ground or solution. And that's sad.

5. Thank you a leaf. Your experience at the hands US cops sounds appalling. So, I am relieved that you are still with us. :eek:

Thank you for relating your experience.

6. I suggest attempting to understand 2 sides of an argument. Just a recommendation lol

7. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

Official sports are not the place to protest. It was stupid for Trump to call them out and it was stupid for nfl coach to tell the ex ranger to apologize. But he did secure his next term by dividing the people and siding with the military and patriots. Smart yet stupid. Publicity stunt on both sides. The double standard is fining people for wearing pink socks etc for breast cancer, but not for this. Either way it's a disgusting time in usa

TheLoneDanger likes this.
  8. CompulsiveCrab

It doesn't make difference.

9. CompulsiveCrab

What's institutional racism?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  10. Racial discrimination that has become established as normal behaviour within a society or organization.

11. Stand for the National Anthem. Protest other times if you feel the need. Not sure what is being protested really. If it is Police brutality, it happens both ways, black on white, white on black. Not a racial issue to me. Obviously i oppose Police brutality in all forms but given the nature of the job I am not sure we will ever get to 100% Pure.

12. I think there are instances in Europe of blacks shot by white officers. Also plenty of whites shot by black officers in USA.

13. CompulsiveCrab

So youre saying police organizations are institutionally racist throughout usa? To clarify

14. No I do not believe their is institutional racism in our Police Departments. Matter of Fact I don't believe in institutional racism at all.

15. CompulsiveCrab

I'm already seeing the issue it's calling individual racism within an institution as institutional racism.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

KNEEL, I truly support kaepernicks ideals. Skin color doesnt exist to me, only the soul does, and peoples actions display it really well. The US is more divided than it has ever been in the recent decades. I did not vote in the recent election. Trump is not fit to be in office, thats the plain truth, thats my opinion of course. Hes like a grown up baby to be honest. Why people voted for him? Oh thats right the entire south full of racists helped alot. Its funny how white people say "get out of my country immigrants" and all that uneducated related talk. Last time I checked, in the history books, white people from England or immigrants, killed the natives, enslaved some of the african american race to build the US, by IMMIGRANTS. Now "THEY" wont allow other immigrants to have that RIGHT of living for a better life, as if it was a privilege only to "them", is totally humanitarianly UNACCAPTABLE, take in the fact that "their" ANCESTORS were IMMIGRANTS. "they" dont have a REASON to hate (being racist), "they" just are. Its sad man, I could NEVER accept a president like that.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  17. Yeah. I cannot know or state that it exists across the USA. But there is evidence of it in some agencies and it begs the question: how far has this spread?

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. I dunt even know what to say to you right now

19. Pretty sure I didn't deny that at all.

20. I don't feel "at risk" around US police officers either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017