1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone just goes to that one dude. What am I? A ghost?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Jacob167, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Jacob167

Jacob167 Fapstronaut

How do you not feel? Seeing ur crush seemingly more interested in your best friend 24/7 at work. Seeing your crush purposely ignoring your messages and reply to all of his messages in the group chat.

When I started nofap, I've notice changes. I am able to talk more comfortably even with the person I like. But shes not giving me the chance, the dude is not even doing anything and shes just so into him. Is this the period where I am suppose to feel sensitive? Its like history is repeating itself again. I know that people would say "you gotta forget her", "shes not worth it", etc. The question is HOW?? I SEE HER AT WORK WITH HIM EVERYDAY. The angle at which I sit allows me to see. How can I possibly avoid seeing? And thrs no way for me to change seats. Like, its God messing with me right now? Theres not a single ounce of happiness I felt in this past 5 days.

I tried man, I've tried all that I could.. Simply hanging on by a thread. SOMEONEE, PLLEAAASEE HEEEELPPP MEEE!!

Potato93 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Byris

Byris Fapstronaut

Some men are more attractive than others. You have to either become as attractive as him (might not be possible because of genetics) or learn to deal with it. If you ask me, just don't bother. Would you really want to be second choice anyway? Find someone who will like you.

3. Byris

Byris Fapstronaut

Sorry aguy but I don't agree. Ultimately it's up to jacob but if I was interested in some girl, and she'd show no interest back until the guy she wants rejects her, I would not be her fallback plan. If she doesn't want you right off the bat, keep moving IMO.

4. To some degree I agree. Take a time out. Stop messaging her. Avoid her at work as much as possible from a social perspective. You need to let your brain cool. You can't control who she is attracted to. Sometimes we can't control who we ourselves are attracted to.

She may be attracted to your friend b/c "he doesn't do anything." You on the other hand are doing a lot.

And FWIW, dating people you work with is a bad idea. To quote Tony Solrano: "I don't shit where I eat. "

5. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

This is life my brah...

Your friend was born with a better looking face and the girl is naturally more attracted to him because he can produce more genetically gifted offspring, it's simple biology, no hard feelings

You gotta expand your social circle to forget about her, go smash some call-girls, the same way you are trying to go Cold Turkey on PMO you gotta go on her... Don't talk/chat with her unless it's strictly work-related, and just try to fuck some other chick...

Also don't forget to consult a surgeon and see if you can still scramble some looks on your side. Shit like recessed chin, negative canthal tilt, round jaw etc. can be fixed with enough money.

6. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

I used to be infatuated with so many different girls. Now the idea of being infatuated with a girl before sleeping with them sounds crazy.

You barely know her, I think the only way to truly understand someone is to spend a lot of time around them just you two.

There is no point in wasting love on someone that doesn't love you back.

Just chill out, breathe slowly, and try to get her out of your mind as much as you can.

One day you will be a girl you love and who loves you back, looking back at this you will laugh.

Hitto, Potato93 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Lmao @ your beliefs, the reason the below happens is because you still believe in this low test geek bullshit:

I'll just leave you with this:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2017
  8. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

You were cucked hard. I bet she was thinking what a nice personality you have whilst your friend was deep in them sugar walls, right?

I mog you hard (would post pictures but mods are too upset at the thought of an attractive young male), if I had to guess what you look like whilst thinking personality matters:

[​IMG]

Meanwhile your friend:

[​IMG]

Actually scratch that, if you think personality matters, create a Tinder profile using your pictures and pictures of any decently attractive young guy. Second profile will get a date within a couple hours, you'll be lucky to get a match after 2 months (will probably be a bot too)

9. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

10. Sananafraz

Sananafraz Fapstronaut

Stop trying. Become a useful and competent man. Learn new skills. Meet more people. Avoid conversational narcissism. Exercise. Practice excellent hygiene. Drink water. Eat healthy. You've heard it all before. Now do it. You can.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  11. Jacob167

Jacob167 Fapstronaut

First of all, I appreciate everyone's help. Over the past few weeks, its been hell, I was really confused and depressed as to what I should do. Everyday was such a struggle, and there are times where the urges are strong with "PMO as a temporary pain reliever", but I held on and manage to not succumb to the one thing that have destroyed 9 years of my life.

And true that I myself think that there is absolute no chance we would be together. But we were have quite a fair bit of conversation a few weeks back and suddenly she just started ignoring my texts in the group. The "dude" on the other hand just suddenly gets that kind of attention when he didn't do anything. By saying that he didn't do anything, I meant that he did not even put in that slightest effort a guy does to show that he is interested in the girl. They have been kind of "flirting" with each other ever since and all I could do is watch. Believe me, I tell myself that this feeling is just infatuation but months of telling myself that, I felt that I was really in love with her. As much as I like to disturb her playfully, I also wanted her to be happy for if anything happens to her I was very worried. Even then I know, that things in life will never go your way. Still, I don't know how to move forward, because for my whole life, if anything didn't went the way I wanted it to, I avoid the problem and fap to relieve myself. And now that I am going through NoFap, I do not know how to solve the problem as I can no longer avoid anymore. This pain, its unbearable. I can't stop thinking about it and even when I workout or go out with my friends, it still lingers in my head. Life sucks I get it, but seeing guys like him giving no effort, pisses me off as well.
    Many would wonder why I did not went to talk about this with my friends or family. Its because I did and it did not help. 4 years ago, I talked about my feelings for my previous crush (I know, but that was when I was still young and immature, I admit that was a infatuation but anyway), I was betrayed by friend and weeks after talking to him about my problems, he was together with her. Thus, I no longer trusted close friends when it comes to relationships and stuffs and that is why I came here hoping to get some help.

Potato93 likes this.
  12. Jacob167

Jacob167 Fapstronaut

I tried. Honestly, I have telling myself to move on, I have been trying to avoid the problem as much as I could. But I couldn't, everyday I just keep thinking about it. It hurts too much because I am always thinking about "I could have this, I could have that" and that the dude always gets the attention. I try to tell myself that its over and all but I can't let go. I really really really, want to find a way to have this to be done with. The torment is too much.

Potato93 likes this.
  13. Sananafraz

Sananafraz Fapstronaut

See the work. Do the work. Stay out of the misery.

14. Easy_Rider

Easy_Rider Fapstronaut

Granted this was not the kindest reply, after watching the video, I am now convinced of my own 6/10 self. I came to this forum to get radically transparent and get help with an issue I have and in that vein, I think SubBruh might be on to something. See what she is saying and not saying as motivation - I'm not sure the whole surgery route is needed, but you can hit the gym hard, get a better job and make more money, improve your social circle, get another girlfriend and make her jealous, clean up your skin - who knows, it is for you to learn. You need to figure out what she wants, more importantly WHY she wants and how you are going to get it to her. Then you have to ask yourself WHY are you so motivated to do all this to get her. WHY does she matter to your own goals? The WHY is key on both sides. Read the book Art of Seduction by Robert Greene (or get the Cliff Notes at least) and you will learn many of the ways.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Potato93 likes this.
  15. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

@SupBruh Man, wtf are you saying. Go away.

The whole surgery topic is so out of question here that even people talking about it makes me LOL

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  16. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

@Jacob167
    I had a crush in my office once as well. I'm still struggling with it even after me leaving the company.
    I'd like to talk with you via chat somewhere so we can discuss it and I can help you with the situation.
    Please, consider this since I'm really chocked how your situation was similar to mine a few years ago.
    Cheers

17. Jacob167

Jacob167 Fapstronaut

I'm fine with that. How do you suggest where we gonna chat at?

18. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Have you ever used kik?
    Its an anonymous chat app. We can talk there

19. Jacob167

Jacob167 Fapstronaut

Sure, whats ur username?

20. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

tigermeoww