1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost interest in work, friends and fitness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheLearner2008, Aug 20, 2014.

1. TheLearner2008

TheLearner2008 Fapstronaut

For the last 2 years I have been stuck in a rut. I just have no interest in work, friends or fitness. I just feel completely dull and numb.

2. Well try to get inspiration from everything nearby you.everything is a great example of inspiration.Or you can try to read good books(apart from studies).They will let you feel good and motivated.Or for Instant inspiration,go to youtube and watch videos.
    -One of the main cause you do not have interests in friends is due to your masturbation problem.I also Have these problems.
    -I'm still learning how to get free from this addiction,you've set a nice streak.I would be Glad if we will help each other throughout our Journey. Good Luck! :)

3. OBlue

OBlue Fapstronaut

Happens to all of us from time to time... I've personally been in #1 (lost interest in work) for the last 2 years! Anyway...

Start with fitness. No, don't go to the gym or anything, just go for a long hike; leave the i-crap home and enjoy the nature, the trees, the birds singing, etc. Don't rush or run, but make it long enough to break a little sweat. Don't think about work, friends or your problems, just ponder upon your life (but don't force it, the thoughts should come naturally). Think about the purposes of your life, your passions, ...think about what will it take to bring back the fun in life... do it on a regular basis. Don't expect any sudden results, but slowly and slowly life will start looking meaningful again.

Whatever you do, don't let these thoughts grow on you. Get out of the house now! Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  4. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

I agree, maybe focus on one at a time, and I think fitness would be the easiest to start.

5. TheLearner2008

TheLearner2008 Fapstronaut

Yeah I think I should just focus on diet and fitness and see how it goes. Luckily I am being sent away with work 1 Sept to a small town and I don't plan to take my own laptop. So essentially I will be working 10 hour days, living in a hotel (which has SOTA gym) and eating most meals with my colleagues which is exactly what I think I need: distance from temptations of sex, being bored etc. I essentially will only have time for gym in the morning and sleeping at night.