1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My sandwiches are a joke

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Yeah, I'll admit it. I can cook, I can bake, I can grill, but damn it I make some of the worst sandwiches known to man

I don't know how I spent 23 years on this planet without ever learning how to make a proper sandwich. Every day I prepare my shitcoaster sandwich and force it down all in the name of eating healthy -- sliced turkey on sahara level dry 12 grain bread with awkwardly cut cheese lovingly spaced between. It's honestly awful

Sooo what do you guys like to put on your sandwiches? I tried some sliced tomato today and it was okay, but I think it needed something more. Plz help :'(

vibemaker likes this.
  2. Mavricko

Mavricko Fapstronaut

I hate sandwiches. I avoid bread completely.

3. you sound like someone who ate one of my sandwiches

4. Peanut butter and banana every day for me.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

So you can tackle the harder aspects of cooking but when it comes to one of the easiest and simplest tasks, you can’t do it?

6. corkscrew

corkscrew Guest

Bacon...done

7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Don't feel bad. Rachael Ray can cook anything, yet every time she bakes bread, she burns it. :p

8. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'm rather fond of those meat-cheese-bread sandwiches myself. Here's some of the things I add when I want it a little less bland.

1. Lettuce - Iceburg or romaine. Adds a nice crispy crunch.
    2. Sliced Tomato - You already had this idea. Just keep in mind your sandwich might get soggy if you leave the tomatoes in for extended periods.
    3. Sliced pickles - Same soggy situation as tomatoes over time.
    4. Onions - I like the purple ones for sandwiches.
    5. Mustard - Yellow is OK, Dijon is better.

Of course, as corkscrew alluded to, adding more meat, especially bacon, is always good.

Speaking of corkscrews, if you're sticking with turkey, pair your sammy with a glass of red. If you ever make it to tuna, try a glass of white.

9. WreckTangle

WreckTangle Fapstronaut

2 sandwiches I really enjoy:

1. Take an appropriately sized 1/2 thick boneless pork chop and slice it in half. Pick a bread that you like, this is really up to you and your tastes. I always toast my bread, but it depends on the bread used and how you feel about it. A bit of margarine on one piece of bread. Add the meat. Add sliced onion and sliced dill pickle. Dijon mustard on the remaining bread.

2. Again, bread of your choice, but I prefer a nice reasonably soft rye for this one. Toast if desired and lightly margarine the first piece. Layer on a couple/few cold cuts. I like to start with hot salami and then add some combination of lighter (less fatty) meats like chicken, turkey, ham, etc., and a slice of Swiss cheese. Add sliced tomato, sliced onion, mayonnaise and ground pepper.

And enjoy :)

Deleted Account, BigDave23 and LEPAGE like this.
  10. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

Tomato chutney on one slice of bread, mayo on the other. Smoked ham, Dutch cheese, sliced tomato and salt and pepper between is my favourite

11. WreckTangle

WreckTangle Fapstronaut

That sounds really good ... I'm getting hungry now :)

12. ConstraintsTheory

ConstraintsTheory Fapstronaut

You think your sandwich is bad? I once worked with a woman that came in everyday with a blandwiches which consisted of just two slices of bread and mustard only...

Me personally I stay away from bread pretty much carbs in general I try to stay away or limit how much I eat. Though the Sandwiches I used to make were good enough for me it really did depend on if I was motivated enough to make an awesome sandwich or not.

If not then I'd just put some mayo with two slices of cheese and two pieces of ham or turkey and be done.

If I was motivated I'd pull out the pickles, honey dejon mustard with some pepper jack cheese, some lettuce, tomatos, bell peppers, onions and let's not forget the bacon. If I was really feeling ballsy I'd grill the onion and bell peppers. Meat would vary I'd use brisket if I had it, roast beef, turkey, ham. Put that thing in the toaster oven let that cheese melt and bread toasted... damn good sandwich but that only happened when I was extremely motivated haha

13. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

I’m quite the opposite

That’s my man!

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Mayo, tomatoes and Swiss cheese.
    Toast.

15. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

And don't feel bad.... Everyone has a cooking "gap in knowledge"

My best friend can't make a roast.
    Seriously, don't touch it.
    It's always overdone.
    I have a friend who, no matter what, can't time rice.
    I know my mother makes the worlds worst fried chicken.
    And ..I do almost everything homemade every day.
    I cook from multiple countries and on just about any surface.

You won't catch me making quiche.
    Ever. Again.

This is life.

Good luck!

16. Get alvarado street bread or daves killer bread... They have some nice healthy looking breads. especially alvarado street, I like they're sourdough. Also you can eat healthy without sandwiches... And you can still make sandwiches healthy without going super duper everything has to be the most healthy thing... A couple slices of whole wheat shouldn't be too bad so long as its not too often, and they have some good multigrain breads out there. Also if you want low calorie dressings try bolthouse farms, they have low calorie dressings like ranch and stuff... Maybe get yourself some hummus? I love hummus on sandwiches... Try a sandwich with sliced turkey, hummus, sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato... Sandwiches are easy once you know the basics! Also what about flat breads/pita breads? You can probably find some healthy ones...

[​IMG]

17. Sometimes at home I make a big club sandwhich. Three pieces of lightly toasted wheat bread, one in the center, then two layers of turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on either side of the middle piece. Cut into fourths :)

And at subway, I always get roast beef, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, olives, and cucumber. And salt and pepper. Cucumbers were a game changer, for me. I added that once and now I get so sad when I have to have a sandwich without them.

18. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

Cucumbers are the best and three sandwiches sounds so much better than just two. I should try it sometime

19. It's crazy how much different and better it is! I like to order a club sandwich sometimes at like restaurants and such, and one day I realized I could easily make that myself, so Idk why I never have.

Quiver likes this.
  20. Mine is like... everything. But thankfully I married a guy who likes to cook, so phew.

Kenzi likes this.