1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with sleep problems

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Floorista, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

Does anyone else experience sleep problems when thinking about a small thing that you know can change or is just waiting for something, might be bad or good and just start to think about it all night? How do you deal with this? it's bothering me alot

2. Do you obsess over it to the point that you can't go to sleep until you reassure yourself that you'll change it?

3. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

I usually think about it all night and not sleep, then do something about that issue during the day and if I can't fix that issue it will happen the same thing

4. I think that you may have a mental health issue. I suggest looking up the symptoms of your issue on the internet and seeing if there are any issues that relates to the symptoms. It sounds to me like you might have a form of OCD but I'm not sure.

5. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

I've always been like this. If something has happened which I regret not doing anything about it I start to think about it untill everything is finnished or till I'm satisfied. Always been like that

rostronaut likes this.
  6. Yes I experience this. You are getting ruminating thoughts. I know of no solution, so I shall watch this thread with interest.

7. That sounds like OCD to me, a symptom of OCD to be more specific. I have symptoms of OCD and I also kinda struggled with that issue that you're struggling with.

8. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

I have never actually thought about it to be an illness, I always thought it was normal and everyone had it... And I have noticed everytime I have these feelings, I go to the gym and after that it's gone but just for awhile

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

Try go to the gym or train, it does help me whenever this happens and im shocked if this is an OCD symptom which I have never known in 21 years..

10. That would suggest it is some kind of stress-related issue. But we cannot diagnose you based on one symptom to be fair.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Opportunity For Better

Opportunity For Better Fapstronaut

Focus on the moment, the physical sensations of lying in bed, your breathing, the temperature of the room, etc. It's a kind of meditation, where you refocus on the present instead of whatever's in your imagination.

Also, have a pre-bed routine where you don't do anything mentally stimulating for an hour or two. Otherwise you're more likely to go to bed with your mind racing.

12. Yeah your mental health issue can't be verified using one symptom.

13. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

But it was what you said, these ruminating thoughts keep appearing in my head and negative situations all over and over again in my head and night time is the worst, I have to look this up more

I will try that as I sleep

14. Can you give a few examples of a small thing?

15. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

Its 4 am and I'm experiencing this right now! It comes around whenever there's something stressful in my life. There have been some changes in my life and I'm going to school, learning something new and working in a much more stressful environment than I used to. In the past its been relationship issues that keep me up.

I know some people never seem to experience this, my wife can sleep no matter what happens during the day or whats happening the day after. I think some people are simply prone to getting more caught up in their thoughts and experiencing more of a nervous reaction in response to those thoughts. I doubt it counts as any kind of mental health issue unless it seriously impacts your life.

For me it always goes away with time as the issues sort themselves out, but it certainly can be difficult to stop my mind once it gets going on something.

I've also noticed that even moderate caffeine and/or alcohol consumption seems to make it harder for me to go back to sleep if I wake up early in the morning.

16. Mavricko

Mavricko Fapstronaut

What do you mean?

If you haven't got something done and it's keeping you up then get it done. You need to try to get whatever you want/need to get done over the course of the day, so you have peace of mind and can sleep. This includes proper hydration, diet and having a clean and tidy house in my case..

17. Floorista

Floorista Fapstronaut

Idk, just something that has happened the day like for example you wanted to say something to someone but never got to do it etc...

This exactly happens too me, it can be stress related or something else and it usually dissappears after a few days or weeks then I stop thinking about it but it can randomly pop up in my head that same thing like a month later which I have no idea why...

I go to the gym everyday, super clean diet as I'm trying to get in really good shape so I doubt its that. I don't know if it's anxiety or stress or anything else but it's just bothering me...

18. Supermarron

Supermarron Fapstronaut