1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rush Limbaugh - Are you a fan?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I'm from the UK and had never heard of him until today.

I listened to some of his podcast and not sure I like/dislike him but he does seem to be an original thinker which is something I respect.

He is controversial so I don't want to start an argument! But I would like to know what others (Americans most likely) here think of him. Thanks. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    noonoon likes this.
  2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

As a non-American, I'm curious on the responses also. From what I've heard of him, he is an original thinker, but he's a bit too crazy on conspiracies. Wasn't he the one that said Hurricane Irma was nothing more than a government conspiracy, and also the one who said Obama sends lesbian farmers across the USA to increase democrat votes?

3. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

LOL - I didn't know he came up with such crazy stuff. He seems to spend a lot of time being angry with the liberal media and how they 'control' what people think, and I mostly agree with him on that.

Sailor and MLMVSS like this.
  4. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I like him. But he can be rather repetitive. He has a very dry humor and makes a lot of jokes so some of that "crazy stuff" may be a joke. Also, those people who dislike him (every single leftist) often lie and take what he has said out of context. They absolutely hate him.
    There are a lot of good American conservative radio hosts. One of my personal favorite is Dennis Prager. He has written several books as well. He is a very kind hearted and well thought out man, rather brilliant. You will see a lot of leftist lies about him as well if you google him. But simply listen to an hour of his show and the truth will prevail.
    These are men the left would call "dividers" or "haters" though they have basic conservative values that would be quite typical in the 1980s. God Bless them.
    Another great conservative source is "National Review". Here's a great sample : http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444736/george-orwell-1984-trump-not-what-he-had-mind

Deleted Account and Millenial like this.
  5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Rush Limbaugh spews nothing but misogyny and sexism. Another running theme of Limbaugh's broadcast career has been his hostility towards minorities. Someone needs to check this fool already.

6. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Thanks I found that very interesting. It's odd that the left hate him in much the same way I suppose they hate Trump...They reject people in total rather than acknowledge that they do talk at least some sense.

In the UK we of course have the BBC which does make quality content, but it has become extremely left wing now and it is just so tedious.
    We badly need our own Rush Limbaugh figures to keep things balanced.

Sailor likes this.
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

The right hates Trump too, well a lot of them do.

8. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

Although I'm on the right, I've never been a fan of Rush Limbaugh. He seems to appeal more to the boomer crowd.

9. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

The closest you have to Rush Limbaugh in the UK is Paul Joseph Watson. He is a journalist for Infowars. I sometimes read his Twitter feed and he can be very amusing and thought provoking.

He is quite famous for triggering liberals with his phrase: "conservatism is the new counter-culture."

As for your comment on the BBC - I completely agree - at this point it would make little difference to BBC's output if it were taken over and run by ISIS.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

11. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

LOL, I'd never heard of him either so thanks for that... This is just the sort of person that would never appear on a BBC show - blocking people is just wrong and keeps backfiring for the left.

12. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

BBC and other mainstream journalists regularly invite him for interviews. He rightly shows utter disdain towards them then tweets the email exchange.

13. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

14. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

15. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

He considers them fake news and increasingly irrelevant. Old media is dying and new media is taking over. He is new media - why would he care about these dinosaurs? People who are interested in seeing past the liberal bias are finding him and people like him directly. He already has a huge platform and reach. We only have to consider how uniformly old media was against Trump - yet Trump still won - to see the degree to which old media has lost the trust and influence over the people.

Deleted Account and Millenial like this.
  16. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Sorry - just thought of another couple of Brits who are vaguely similar to Limbaugh: Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins.

But you are right that the intellectual and cultural health of the UK is not in a good place right now. All manner of tolerance for diversity is rammed down the throats of Brits except the most important tolerance of all - tolerance for a diversity of opinion. I read somewhere that 4,000 Brits were arrested last year for their tweets or Facebook posts. What went wrong?

Millenial likes this.
  17. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Rush is okay, but Michael Savage is much much better.

18. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I know these names - Hopkins especially has been completely vilified.
    Things are very strange in the UK and I imagine it's similar in the US -

Complete polarization ( in our case around Brexit ). I am the sort of person who is a bit of 'fence sitter' so I just hate it - both sides have valid arguments yet they really hate each other. It's exhausting :emoji_weary:.

BTW totally agree with your point about new and old media... that all makes sense.

19. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

The USA is absolutely apeshit. President Trump makes liberals absolutely apoplectic in everything he does, it doesn't matter what it is. In my perspective, I was absolutely thrilled he won on election night and the shit eating grin on my face is there every day that he's in office. The obummer years sucked and I was angry every day, and now these dam liberals know just how I felt. lol !

Millenial likes this.
  20. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Yes, they have 'conservative values' at the private individual level, but care nothing for the public good [as if there could be one without the other]. It is Protestant 'religion' run riot.

Baroque likes this.