1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

men have it much harder than women!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Thomas Smith, Oct 11, 2017.

1. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Totally agree with this. Men complain oh no women will sleep with me, but if a woman sleeps with two many men , sleeps with the man too soon or God forbid has a high sex drive she’s a slut and damaged goods so we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t!? I think both sides have it rough and until or unless you have walked a mile in their shoes we can’t say we have it worse or they do. Everyone faces rejection even the prettiest girl has had her heartbroken many times!

2. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

As a woman yes! If I am not interested in a man I will purposely not make eye contact. If I meet your eyes and smile please come over and say hello!

Potato93, Saskia Simone and Reborn16 like this.
  3. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Very true what you said, I would like to add though myself and most of my guy friends don't see a guy who sleep with heaps of girls to be totally normal or by default awesome.

Yes I imagine 'slut' gets thrown around more and probably plays into this bitterness about it all, but I've met a few bona fide man-sluts and after a bit of conversation, I always think "so what is your end game?". And I honestly don't know...

GG2002 likes this.
  4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Again, good to read :) I know this is really basic, but I never see 'cold approaching' in real life unless it's at a drinking venue, which I rarely go to, and not to pick up.

I know not every woman who smiles at me will expect an introduction, but it's still good to know old methods are welcome (as opposed to swiping right, or left or whatever it is).

GG2002 and Saskia Simone like this.
  5. Carlossheen

Carlossheen New Fapstronaut

This is more a rant about yourself than talking about men vs women issues. You have issues about getting laid and you wish women could be easy and bend over your desires easily. Sort yourself out first, you come as extremely insecure. Women hate insecure guys.

6. Not to get too descriptive, but there is one other element.
    Women might have a harder time getting good sex.
    The guys just have to have her there and it will work.
    She is a little more dependent on his skill level to make it enjoyable.
    So the ladies might have more opportunities available, but not ones that uh.... satisfy?
    Ladies help me out here if I’m right.

GG2002 and kropo82 like this.
  7. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Fapstronaut

You get a "handful of likes a day"? You, brother, are then definitely at the top of the food chain. A guy who gets a handful of likes a day is equivalent to a woman who gets 100 likes a day, since guys get far less attention on dating sites than women do. Congrats!

8. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Fapstronaut

Yeah Hazel, I know - that social conditioning sucks. Crushes the self-esteem of a lot of guys, like me. I grew up thinking that I would receive the same attention from the opposite sex as my sisters. I wish someone had warned me then that that wasn't gonna happen, because I was a guy. Being a guy blows.

9. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Fapstronaut

Oh, I can see that happening. Thanks for reminding us guys about that ugly side. I feel a little better knowing that the grass isn't always greener.

Nice theory, but how can this happen since women don't express interest in guys, for the most part?

10. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

My theory is that if men that fit the woman’s criteria emailed her and only those men, the amount of emails she would receive would be a lot lower allowing her to focus on the ones she got more closely. More than 50% of the emails I got were men that clearly failed to read what I was looking for and just looked at my pictures! But I had to read their l then go to their profile to see this it’s very time consuming. Throw that 50% out you have a lot less. That’s why I liked eharmony it cut down on the amount of men that could just cold email me and they were better matches. But towards the end of my membership there did start allowing people who paid more to send Cold emails so it was starting to get bad again. Now if you all could get together and stop sending nasty sexual or angry emails that would be great! Seriously men are screwing each other over not the women.

11. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I loved my eHarmony experience. I closed over 400 matches before finding someone I wanted to go out with. We dated for 8 months, and she was fantastic.

GG2002 likes this.
  12. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Fapstronaut

Yes, I agree. My friend tells me the same thing: "Best thing you can do as a guy is put as many messages out as you can, and always be scanning for new women that pop up."

13. When I say handful, I mean like maybe three or four. Some days only one or two. Also, I should point out the fact that 80% of these likes are from women who fall well short of being desirable as far as appearance goes. So it's really nothing to brag about.

14. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I actually think the putting as many messages out there as you can behavior is part of the reason men don’t get any responses. The women have to spend too much time weeding through emails of men that do not even come close to meeting what they are looking for. I also don’t think men realize how much more email women get than them!

15. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

Men do realize. That is exactly the point of the OP.

Reborn16 likes this.
  16. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

But if they do then why do they keep doing it? They are creating the problem. You say the solution to getting no responses is to email every woman you think is hot, I say that’s the cause of the problem. Let’s say your best bud is an average looking dude but is perfect for a particular match. Same age, same interests, non smoker etc. You and 40 other guys who don’t come anywhere close to what she wants email her. Some are better looking some not. What’s the chances she’s going to answer him or even spot him in this sea of bad candidates?

To men that don’t believe this put up a legit looking profile of an 8 or a 9. Set criteria so you can see it will get ignored then sit back and see what happens. How long will you last?

17. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

I’m a woman, and I gave no advice to men re the profiles, or to keep messaging. I think you’ve moved from the original point of the post to argue something tangential. I don’t agree with the OP’s tone necessarily, but the substance of what he says is true.

Potato93 and Reborn16 like this.
  18. Obviously you haven't dated a woma who has an eating disorder or an image insecurity or sexual trauma.

Yes maybe women can get laid easier than we can but last time I compared notes women get judged way more than we do and seem (at least to me) to have a lot more sexual-related problems than us dudes. Just sayin.

Potato93 likes this.
  19. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Fapstronaut

i feel what are talking about

20. AChosenPeople

AChosenPeople Fapstronaut

It really depends on the situation. I'd say mind your own business and let women mind theirs. Some women are strong, some are weak. Some men are strong, some are weak. Stop trying to make yourself feel better by showing how "superior you are" because of the great challenges of being a man. Women go through tough stuff also, for example period and we must respect and feel for each other. Women also get addicted to P. so I don't find your statement justified. Men often have it harder than women, but there are lots of powerful women, too.