1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days done! What got me through and moving on with my life

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Nofababdo, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

I don't know how to start this other than by saying these 90 days have been the most difficult, rewarding, most amazing 90 days of my life. I proved to myself that I am capable of overcoming this addiction after 12 years of being addicted to PMO. 12 years of shame, lack of self confidence, emotional flatline, feeling of despair, and guilt. Anyone who thinks they can't or who thinks they are beyond repair, I am living proof that it is possible and worth it.

What got me through was so simple: A change in environment. For medical school, I had to move away from my parent's house to an apartment near campus where I lived alone. However, even though I was alone, there was no connection between that apartment room and my PMOing habit because I had never done it there before. In other words, there are no triggers in my apartment room. However, when I come back to my parents house, I get such a strong urge to PMO because I have a history of PMOing in my parent's house. Its so strange how our brains work!

That was by far the most important factor that got me through but other things that helped me was going to the gym, cold showers, and rewarding myself with other pleasures like good, healthy food and going outside.

Finally, the benefits of NoFap are absolutely incredible. I can look a girl in the eye now without feeling shame. The greatest improvement came to my self-confidence and self-esteem. I lead Friday prayers, I speak my mind more freely at conference meetings and public speaking events. I am no longer afraid to say what I think. Additionally, I am Muslim and I no longer feel like I am a hypocrite when it comes to my faith. I have become more spiritual and feel emotions more strongly. I rediscovered my love for nature and the beautiful yet simple things in life like good food, sunshine, and good company. There's less brain fog and my grades have improved in med school. My time in the gym has also paid off :) My 6 pack is starting to show, I am much more toned and just generally feel more masculine. Last but not least, I don't want to brag but girls have noticed and seem much more comfortable talking to me and I can tell are attracted to me.

And there you have it. I cannot thank this platform enough for helping me through this journey. I pray that I stay strong because my journey is far from over and I pray that all of you experience similar success and even more success than I've experienced. Stay strong brothers and sisters!! Salaam and peace to all!

2. climberjunkie

climberjunkie Fapstronaut

That's motivating man, I'm on day 6 .

Jayrock, S9198, Sarge963 and 2 others like this.
  3. Congrats bud

vibemaker and Nofababdo like this.
  4. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

5. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

WAY TO GO BROTHER! I AM REALLY PROUD OF YOU!

Arms.R.heavy and Nofababdo like this.
  6. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

7. FeelingFine

FeelingFine Fapstronaut

Mashallah, good job!

Nofababdo likes this.
  8. Alhamdulilah. :)))))))
    Congratulations dear bro :)

Nasagy and Nofababdo like this.
  9. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

Thank you stay strong brother. It will be worth it in the end I promise

10. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

Thank you You were one of my inspirations bro. Since I joined Muslim Fapstronauts you've been there to help me and the group. JazakAllah khayr for all that you do brother

FeelingFine likes this.
  11. Jerk Reaction

Jerk Reaction Fapstronaut

Congratulations! Well done.

Nofababdo likes this.
  12. nikh

nikh Fapstronaut

Congrats and good luck as your journey continues.

Nofababdo likes this.
  13. Amazing. Hope I see this day soon in my life too.

Nofababdo likes this.
  14. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Masha allah! congratulations, Please don't forget me in your Doaa.

Nofababdo likes this.
  15. 3P1L run

3P1L run Fapstronaut

Congrats brother. I'm somehow really proud of you :) pray for me also
    I just want to ask... I've made my streak until day 40 but then I started to see that NoFap didn't bring any significance changes to myself.. then.. poofff.. i relapsed.. now I have to start all over again T-T Do you ever experienced the same thing like this.. and if yes, how do you handle it if the thought come?

Nofababdo likes this.
  16. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

Amen bro never give up on yourself and you will

Raju kumar and Deleted Account like this.
  17. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

Of course I still get urges and I sometimes I want to do it so badly but the thing that has helped me is structure and building self discipline. I structure my day so that as soon as I wake up I make my bed, take a cold shower, do mouthwash, shave, etc and get my day started as soon as possible. When the thought comes I know it will pass. As long as you don't feed that initial thought with P or with fantasizing about past P then the thought and the urge will pass very quickly if you are busy doing something else.

3P1L run and NSaran1965 like this.
  18. Apothecarist

Apothecarist Fapstronaut

Well done .. stay sharp !

Nofababdo likes this.
  19. HondaKev

HondaKev Fapstronaut

Hey man! It was really humbling to read your post. I am also on track to go to medical school and will be moving out of my parent's home next year. But, I am trying my best to end this addiction once and for all. It is 90 days before my 21st birthday, and I always told myself that I needed to end my addiction when I reach that age. I've been an addict for 8 years, and I felt everything you have been feeling. I just have been having issues with masturbation, because I have a pretty good memory for what I used to watch, and it gets into my head sometimes. That always happens in my bedroom, so maybe I just need to get up and take a small walk around my house so that I can overcome my bad feelings. I started doing everything you wrote, incrementally adding those healthy habits this past summer, and I can say that I feel a lot better about myself, especially when I read the journal entries I wrote in the past. By the way, I love your profile picture, Allah is totally watching. He wants only the best for us and He only wants us to be happy and good people. I really need to align myself with him, and make sure I give him time everyday. Thanks for posting your story.

HondaKev

Nofababdo likes this.
  20. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

Yes! it's all about replacing old habits with good ones. long term habits are so important. Also i know bro the bedroom is the worst. Maybe if you can try to rearrange the furniture or only study at the library or in another location and keep your electronics there so that you do not bring them to your room. And I totally understand the memories of past videos. I wish we could erase the past or go back in time and prevent all of this from ever happening but we cannot. The best thing we can do right now is to take it day by day, keep fighting and never give up on ourselves. May Allah guide us to the straight path brother. Stay strong!

Nasagy and slitebg like this.