1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

JESUS DIED FOR OUR RELAPSE

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Kadachi

Kadachi New Fapstronaut

DAY 1.The Spirit of God has spoken to me after relapsing.
    1.John 5:5-9 A man was there who had been sick for thirty-eight years.
    Jesus saw him lying there, and he knew that the man had been sick for such a long time; so he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”The sick man answered, “Sir, I don't have anyone here to put me in the pool when the water is stirred up; while I am trying to get in, somebody else gets there first.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, pick up your mat, and walk.” Immediately the man got well; he picked up his mat and started walking.
    LESSONS:
    (i) God is aware of how many years we have struggled with PMO.
    (ii) Christ is tenderly inquisitive concerning our desires because we are in affliction, and is willing to know what our petition is: "What shall I do for you?"
    (iii) If we were willing to be made whole, the work were half done, for Christ is willing to heal, if we be but willing to be healed, Matthew 8:3.
    (iv) The poor man does not think of any other way of being cured than by these waters, therefore, when Christ cured him, his imagination or expectation could not contribute to it, for he thought of no such thing.Christ will lead us by roads we have never travelled before and turn addiction into freedom.
    (v) Having been so often disappointed, the poor man begins to despair, and now is Christ's time to come to his relief. He delights to help in desperate cases.We are desperate that is why we are on nofap.
    (v) If that man had not attempted to help himself by rising to walk, he would not have been cured, and he must have borne the blame yet it does not therefore follow that, when he did rise and walk, it was by his own strength no, it was by the power of Christ, and he must have all the glory.

To show that Christ Jesus is here today to Heal, here's a similar illustration :

2.John 9:6-7 Jesus spat on the ground and made some mud with the spittle; he rubbed the mud on the blind man's eyes and told him, “Go and wash your face in the Pool of Siloam.” So the man went, washed his face, and came back seeing.
    LESSONS
    (i) He could have cured him with a word, as he did in the above story, but he chose to do it in this way to show that he is not tied to any method.
    (ii) Normally, mud should be the last thing put on blind eyes. However, The power of God often works by contraries and he makes men feel their own blindness before he gives them sight.We have lamentably relapsed on several occasions without the Power of Christ and His Spirit in us.It is now time to be healed.
    (iii) Though the effect is owing purely to His power and grace, there is duty to be done by us. Go, search the scriptures, attend upon the ministry, converse with the wise. This is like washing in the pool of Siloam . Ephesians 5:1-19 demonstrates clearly how we ought to use our time.

CONCLUSION
    We have depended on ourselves for too long. It is now time to look up to Jesus by asking Him today and let Him do what He is best at, that is,healing and saving as we adjust our lifestyles to Ephesians 5:1-19

2. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Kadachi,
    Your conclusion is precisely the lesson I believe I am receiving from the Bible. (Especially the New Testament, obviously)

My earlier attempts at NoFap or a reboot have ALWAYS failed. AND I was trying to "return the favor" to our Lord by being strong for him. I figured, the Lord gave me so much I OWE it to him to do this on my own. Mistake! We have to surrender to Him....pray for his help.

This time, my chances are much better because I have asked Jesus to help me. It's amazing how much better I am doing now.

This is not to say I may not fall. I have already. But getting back up has been so much easier because of the help I am very clearly getting from Jesus Christ.

Thanks for this post. It helped me a lot. And you are giving credit to whom it belongs. Well done.

David

3. justdoitwey

justdoitwey Fapstronaut

4. Karlos BR

Karlos BR Fapstronaut

Amem! Thanks for the post

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  5. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Let us all pray for Jesus' continued love and patience to us fappers!

6. warriorforchrist

warriorforchrist Fapstronaut

I have just come across this post after slipping badly yesterday. The good news is that I much more quickly slip into the Lord’s presence and mercy following such a situation. Reading the post from 9 Jul has helped and confirmed my thinking, so praise God.
    The other side of this is recognising how the slip happened and this can help us avoid similar situations in the future. There were several factors that led to this and I could have avoided at lest some of them or if not been alert with the sword of the spirit and effective prayer. This is where we choose but all in the context of the wonderful grace and provision of God.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  7. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I am glad you mentioned the original poster here. It was his appropriate and catchy title that got me looking as well. Then he followed up with some good wisdom.

Kadachi, do you know what you have started? Let's hear back from you if you have.

warriorforchrist likes this.
  8. Onyx12

Onyx12 Fapstronaut

I appreciate how you pointed out that God sometimes uses ways we never imagined to heal us. Speaking for myself, I get so caught up in ideals and facts of how to fix or deal with a situation, that it creates tunnel vision. When the situation does not work out the way i "perfectly" planned it, i deal with the remorse of failed expectations. I need to be aware of this during my reboot, and all things in life.

Isaiah 55:8-9New International Version (NIV)

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
    declares the Lord.
    9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  9. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Awesome post! I'm speechless. You are so right.

10. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Onyx, please keep right on quoting Scripture. No matter how wise any of us are, none of us are as wise as our Lord. I have NO chance of recovery without His help.

Onyx12 likes this.
  11. whatsphilosophy

whatsphilosophy Fapstronaut

Beautiful, thank you.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  12. Great thoughts. Excellent exegesis of scripture for a very poignant message to a specific audience. Love it.

Davidphd1866 likes this.