1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Having a deep conversation with yourself

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Temujin, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

So i watched this Tedx talk

For a summary. She advocates `big talk` rather than small talk. Where people have conversations on deep topics with strangers. As she was building this big talk idea she was coming up with a long list of deep questions you could ask a stranger.

What really interested me was when she mentioned that when she was feeling very lonely one time. She started to ask these `big talk` deep questions to herself.

This idea of asking yourself deep questions about yourself really interested me, since to many of the questions i would have no idea how to answer.

I remembered this study which claimed that people could fall in love after asking each other a collection of 36 deep questions. You can find the questions here.

http://36questionsinlove.com/

As Ive been feeling very lonely recently i did a test and i asked myself these 36 questions and wrote down my answers. Some of them are a bit wonky since they assume you have a partner to work through the questions with, but this can be worked around.

I really surprised myself with my answers. Some where much darker than i expected and showed myself that Ive been struggling more recently than i thought. But others where very hopeful and has made me realize how many good things i have achieved to get myself to where i currently am in life.

But also i am feeling less lonely, also more powerful and connected to myself since doing this exercise. I feel i will build this habit of asking myself deep questions and answering into my life. To help me feel grounded and connected to myself and to also help pull myself out of the day to day drudgery that can keep your mind foggy and dreams lost.

2. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yes, the probing questions are the light that we shine to find the old, lost parts of ourself.

Yeah, they’re damaged and broken, tough stuff to look at...but you give it time and with a little care and courage, those pieces mend and you feel a little more whole. Hey, better that those parts of yourself aren’t floating around lost and neglected, right?

Great practice, I appreciate you sharing this.

3. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

4. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

5. avatarivn

So true. If I had a deep conversation with myself, I would most most likely deny the worst part of my personality but I need to love myself because of my shortcomings.