1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Checking in....Day 57 for me. 299 more days to go

2. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Day 57. Can't wait to get there too. Now don't go letting me pass you up!

TIMMY0110 likes this.
  3. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

U r not very far either, just 11 days for u. What is ur goal??

4. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

My long term goal is permanently. My goal right now is 60 days then 90.

5. AntarticSand

AntarticSand Fapstronaut

Day 2 for me.

I'm super motivated right now simply because I found out that the exams I am preparing for have insane long term consequences in terms of my career choices. It's super scary but if I don't rise to the challenge, I could permanently be stuck in a career I don't end up liking.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  6. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Day 6. Writing my 10 day plan and my goals for the next 21 days.
    5-htp has really helped my mood. Next step consistent bed hours.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  7. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

That’s an awesome idea! I read this, this morning and the first thing I done is start a “weekend Bordem prevention plan” and I’m gonna write in it everyday to be prepared for this weekend, thanks man!

Single Palm Change likes this.
  8. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

You’re going to do great on that exam, just study, make sure you got it down then go in there and kill it! Everyone here’s got confidence in you

“Don’t knock on opportunities door, kick that door down, smile and introduce yourself”

This is one of my favorite quotes, maybe it will motivate you as well.

9. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

Yeah I done the same! We got this brother!! What exactly is 5-htp??

10. Single Palm Change

That's great! Preparing is half the battle!
    5-htp is a dietary supplement containing a molecule that is the precursor for some of the neurotransmitters (mainly serotonin). The idea is that the body will synthesize a larger amount of neurotransmitter because of the increased number of "perfect building blocks".
    I have problems with my digestion and mood, both are symptoms of low serotonin (90-95% of all serotonin is used in the intestines) - or maybe it's because my guts are stressed out and using up all the serotonin, resulting in less available for the brain to regulate mood. It does seem to work though!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Newlife793 likes this.
  11. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

Starting day one once again, not feeling as groggy as I normally do the day after a relapse but I don’t feel great either, will post again sometime this evening. EVERYONE HANG IN THERE!!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  12. ameliorate

ameliorate Fapstronaut

Thanks for the challenge. I relapsed recently after a 60 day streak. For now my immediate goal is to reach 7 days.

Today: 4/7

13. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

Oh okay, I may have to try that! Thanks for the info!

14. Newlife793

Newlife793 Fapstronaut

We are here for you brother! This is the best thread that I have found on this forum and it’s gonna be an amazing tool for recovery! Everyone believes in you

ameliorate likes this.
  15. Single Palm Change

Ok, I think you should investigate the matter yourself and contact your physician before taking a supplement that fucks with your neurotransmitter levels. It's a delicate balance and you don't want to change it unless you feel you have to. I have been cautious about trying it, but last week I had an experience and talked to a proffesional and finally started taking it. I have had an upset stomach for many years. I don't think 5-htp is the final answer for me, but it will tip the scale in my favor until I can reach a more lasting solution: better digestion and healthier guts, by ways of diet and knowledge of allergies/trigger/gut-bacteria and so on.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  16. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

21/30 thank you guys. Very busy today so sorry for not getting back to you individually

DerNeuMann likes this.
  17. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Hey, I'm sure everyone here has a streak at some time that was attributed to illness or major external thing like tests, etc. you go for it! Report when you have time. We're all behind you.

18. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Excellent! We're glad to have you on this challenge thread. The men on this thread are very supportive of each other. We're here to help you meet your challenges. Please do three things for me. 1. Read through the whole thread. Not only will you find tons of good advice to help you make your 7 day goal but you'll be inspired by the updates and wise words of my thread members. Just in the last couple of days, we've had five guys make their first goals. 2. Post your updates daily for the first couple of weeks at least and weekly after that, or continue daily if you want. 3. Reply and encourage the other members of the thread.
    As with everyone else, you are more than welcome to start a personal one on one conversation with me if you have questions or topics you don't feel comfortable posting on the thread.

You have this!!! Three more days to your first goal. You can now imagine being there! Go for it!

ameliorate likes this.
  19. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

And another stellar post by Single Change Palm. Men, this is exactly the type of answer To a question that I want to see. No ignorant advice. An answer that's based on reality and caution. One of the reasons I started my own challenge thread, besides the unique nature of my challenge, is that I was angry at the ignorant and basically fraudulent advice some poor guys have received by know-nothings.

That's one of the many reasons, in my opinion, why guys in this thread are beginning to see some goals come true. Another reason is that this thread has a really fine group of men. I'm happy to be friends with them.

20. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Very busy is very good when it comes to nofap. Hey, wait a minute! 21 days? Oh my gosh! That's THREE WEEKS IN THE BAG!!!! Wow! You only have less than a third of what you've already accomplished to reach your goal. Eyes on the prize. Eyes on the prize!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    TanglePie likes this.