1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Guilty

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by av_2905, Nov 18, 2017.

1. av_2905

av_2905 Guest

I was just sitting at my desk finishing up some homework, when from out of no where, I was hit with a tremendous feeling of guilt.

Being a college student, I really do focus on handling my finances, but for some reason, I just started thinking about the amount of money my parents are spending on me so that I can get a proper education. I've thought about all the sacrifices they've made, all the useless things that they've bought for me when I was younger, and now I feel guilty that they have to spend so much because of me. I feel like I'm not doing enough with my life despite all the efforts they're putting in for me. All these thoughts literally made me breakdown in tears.

Although I know my parents would want the best for me, I feel bad thinking that I haven't been able to repay them in any way. What can I do about this?

2. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

This probably isn't an answer you want to hear, but having been in a similar situation, the best thing you can do is to succeed in your studies and get everything out of school (educationally) that you can. It may sound a bit harsh, but make them feel that their "investment" is worth it. Work as hard as you can, keep focused, and when the time comes, you will be able to repay them by showing them what you actually did with their generosity (like getting a good job after school). And maybe even repay them monetarily if it is appropriate. Best of luck!