1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Polygamy be Legal?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SolitaryScribe, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

It can't give consent, but it also can't not consent. I'm not harming anyone. Who are you to define marriage? Don't push your outdated morality on me. What business of yours is it what I do in my bedroom, once I get my scaled down statue in there?

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

^ irrelevant argument. You’re not making a valid point because you’re discussing something that cannot give consent. Case closed.

3. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

Fine. Your expert argument has forced me to concede that marrying a statue would be ridiculous.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

That's because all the people responding are guys. They don't think about it in the perspective of a woman. When they think polygamy they see a bunch of women doing all the house work while they sit on the couch and drink beer.

5. Close. A good scotch would be my drink of choice.

6. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

lol, agreed!

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. no

8. I doesnt matter to me if it's legal or not, what people do in the bedroom or otherwise doesn't bother me.

I honestly don't understand or get how people do Polygamy at all, but if the people into it give consent and are okay with multiple partners then be my guest.

Personally I'm only interested in Monogamy and think true love should be with only one person, but that's my opinion.

9. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

Polygamy is problematic. How many women would honestly take more than one spouse? Not many, I don’t think. So it’s a scenario that naturally favours men. If a woman had 2 husbands (or more) there would always be a question over the paternity of her children. Not so for a man with many wives.

Also, I think having more than one wife is actually an insult to your first (my opinion only). You are dividing the time, Love, and attention you can give her and her children . They are being dispossessed, in a sense.

Furthermore, how can men support such families in a way that advances the prospect of their children? Unless you are very wealthy, how can you feed/house/clothe/educate all your offspring? There are limited resources, and if you are relying on the state to provide in any way, then your choice DOES impact others, and should be subject to public discourse.

For men I think having multiple wives would be about ego, what they can do for you. But if you turn that around, and see what you are required to provide them, by right and by law, maybe you wouldn’t be so keen.

Women are jealous creatures. Don’t share your heart or you bed, even under the guise of a legitimate second marriage, and your life will likely be happier.

Spiff and Deleted Account like this.