I want my old life back!!!!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by OrekiDestroyer, Nov 20, 2017.

1. OrekiDestroyer

OrekiDestroyer Fapstronaut

So I was introduced to PMO when I was 15. I am 17 now. 2 years down the line and I can already sense the negatives of masturbating. I have lost my confidence in speaking with others especially girls(I am too nervous around them and start sweating after a few seconds(even elders)). I have turned into an introvert-cum-procratinator(not the creative one. This was not the case before. I was good at studies and I had acheived several awards during my academic career. But since I started PMO I have drastically declined in studies. MY grades are well below my abilities these days.My friends and parents know my intelligence well and they asking me what's the problem(I feel very uncomfortable in telling anyone about my problem) . I am studying but somehow I can't see that reflect in my results. My concentration level has dropped significantly. Intelligence too I guess.This is a very bad situation for me and I want to revert it. Presently I have also started fumbling while I am talking to people. I need my communication skills back. I have also noticed that during these 2 years my ability to hear and interpret things have greatly declined(Also due to fapping read it on Reddit).My reason to join NoFap is because I want to get my intelligence back and I want to improve my social skills. Please help me achieve this. It would be nice if I someone could become my accountability partner.

Protagoras and anewme316 like this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. RetroMike

RetroMike Fapstronaut

4. anewme316

anewme316 Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm interested in an AP. We can become partners. Our problems are similar. Even though I'm a bit older.

OrekiDestroyer likes this.
  5. OrekiDestroyer

Well my strategies for combating PMO are somewhat like this:
    • I have noticed that I get diverted when I am idle or bored..So I am am trying to stay busy with my studies these days. If my studies bore me I have some great critical thinking books which will keep me interested.
    • There's a wonderful app known as OFFTIME which disables all the apps of your smartphone for a definite time(You can choose which apps can bypass this restriction). I set the time for the whole day so that I don't get any urges. This also helps me battle procrastination.
    • As an ultimate measure I have kept a pic of my parents in my phone. So whenever the urges would become unbearable I will just look at the pic and remember all the sacrifices that they have made in bringing me up. I sincerely hope my urges stop after that.
    Yup, Currently these are my strategies. Thanks for your good wishes.

6. OrekiDestroyer

Of Course. Thanks for asking me. I would love to have you as my accountability partner.

7. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

It is great that you have put some thought into strategies to help you reach your goal. Check out In Case You Didn't Know for additional strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.