1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

5 months in

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by noonoon, Jul 22, 2017.

1. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

No filter on my computer or phone
    Better sex life than ever with my spouse
    Better relationship with friends and family
    Focused
    Confident

Hey, it's not all roses. I still have frequent anxiety/ depression and some self-hate, but i feel like at least now i'm starting to get at it, to understand it. My mental-retardation, as i lovingly refer to it, feels now "out there" rather than "in here".

How do you get here? Practice and Patience.

2. Nofababdo

Nofababdo Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother! I love hearing success stories like this. Keeps me motivated

Agustin2201 and noonoon like this.
  3. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

Great stuff! I love reading success stories like this.

noonoon likes this.
  4. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Nofap can't cure mental health issues. Have you thought about seeking a psychiatrist for your mental health problems?

I myself had problems with anxiety and depression, and after I started seeking professional help, my life became so much better. I was able to deal with anxiety in a natural way. Started to know the roots of my depression and through cognitive behavioural therapy my mental health improved so much.

noonoon and DBug like this.
  5. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I'm doing some of that stuff on my own. But yes, i probably should seek out a real therapist to help.
    Thanks!

6. Congratulations for putting in the hard work!

noonoon likes this.
  7. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

I tried that for many years without success, and I was determined to succeed on my own. A therapist can give you professional help far beyond what you can find on the internet or do on your own.

DBug and noonoon like this.
  8. Pyara31

Pyara31 Fapstronaut

Brilliant job on the streak and a great mindset now. Much power moving forward sir :)

9. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @noonoon Do you have an actual journal anywhere?! I'm looking all over the place.

You've been here since 12/18/2013 that I can see. You're on 19 days now which is great. You've clearly had success with NoFap... but are there other tools you'd recommend now to help ease success for those looking for results like better relationships?

I'd like to talk more with you more! But, this kind of thing shouldn't be belabored in someone else's journal.

noonoon likes this.
  10. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

2013? Hmmm. I cant see how that is possible. I think I only started about a year ago...
    I have a journal
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...antasy-my-addiction.92564/page-7#post-1137614

11. Yeah, his first post is here:
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/60-day-goal.2157

noonoon and vxlccm like this.
  12. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    noonoon likes this.
  13. I went to his profile page, clicked information and clicked Find all threads created by...

Most people create a thread as their first entry. ;)

noonoon and vxlccm like this.
  14. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Yikes. Time does fly. I first started doing 40 day challenges probably over a decade ago, believe it or not. I believe you'll find if you look at my posts there was a long period in which I didn't post anything. Then i think a year or so ago I started to be active again. Honestly, I forgot I've ever had this account that long.

15. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    It's not a question of honesty, brother. It's a demonstration of valor.

Keep doing everything it takes. Which is everything.

noonoon likes this.
  16. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

So - so strange- my first post was 2013 and my next 2017! Somehow I was here at nofap for 1 post years ago, forgot about it, then upon "rediscovering" the site found it was already associated with an email. Bizarre. I honestly don't recall the chain of events at all.

17. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

18. tidus

tidus Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Congrats on your success! I was just curious about something though; did you do five months without a filter on your phone and computer? If so, how were you able to resist temptation?

19. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I am curious, too, @noonoon.. seems like many here use things. I do not.

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. nikh

nikh Fapstronaut

Congratulations. This sounds great I have to say I aspire to where you are and are going.

Deleted Account likes this.