1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting over the "broken person" mindset

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Byris, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Stop working towards unreachable goals then?!
    Good thing is NoFap is helping you be able to get to terms with yourself and see your mindset.

You have a mindset that's willing to put the hard work in with high aims and aspirations.
    It's good and while it can propel you forwards it can also be self-destructive.

You're at Point A, you want to be at Point B, and the harder you try the more it feels like you're working against yourself?
    Probably because you are.
    Just start out simple...
    What is it that you, YOURSELF, not thinking about anyone else... what do YOU want?

Build from this...

Right now try look at it this way.
    Your goals and aims are like straight lines. You work to go along the line to get to where you want.
    Start fresh with one line and go from there...

Thing is you probably want all these things right now, so you start working towards them. But somewhere along the lines they start muddling up and getting in the way of each other and stop you in your tracks. You end up being the reason you fail. Your trying to be a certain person or be in a certain place or have this certain mindset...

One line, that's where to start.

2. MGB

MGB Fapstronaut

I've been there, feeling broken. I got over it, and quitting PMO was important for my feeling whole.

I do not know if the following will work for you. Each day, find 3 positive actions by other people. No need to say anything to them, just recognize it and keep it to yourself. For example, if someone is polite to another person, recognize this and count it as one of the three. Avoid comparing yourself to these people, just be happy that someone did something nice. Just be happy that you saw something nice. Avoid attributes (wealthy, pretty, etc) and focus on kind actions. It's not what we have or look like that matters, but helping others is important for happiness.

Over time, I think you'll start to recognize your own positive actions toward other people and start to feel whole. It may take months or years.

Tonytone likes this.
  3. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

Tonytone likes this.
  4. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Maybe you got high functioning depression...
    Maybe we both have it...