1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is NoFap worth it?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DJM, Nov 28, 2017.

1. DJM

DJM Fapstronaut

This topic should get attention.

Feel free to chime in.

I’ve been abstaining for at least two weeks now.

I’ve found taking melatonin to be helpful some nights when I can’t sleep.

It seems like forever the past two weeks or so but I’m talking to girls and dating.

Definitely worth it.

I’m taking time to record and perform music.

Work is work

Wish I wasn’t sitting at a desk and moving more.

Ever since I bought a car and sat at a desk, I’ve lost my morning mojo.

I set my alarm for 8am and will goto the gym tomorrow.

Does anyone have any morning routine suggestions?

I miss being disciplined and getting out the door every morning

2. TAKE A COLD SHOWER!!! It works wonders...

sakeen likes this.
  3. Oh... and meditate

sakeen likes this.
  4. If PMO really affected your life in a bad way and you're trying to be better, it is so worth it. I wouldn't know much for a morning routine but do some stretches or body weight exercised like push ups, you don't need a gym unless you want one.

sakeen likes this.
  5. sakeen

sakeen Fapstronaut

YES YES YES YES totally worth it. Brief reasons:

1. More time. I used to spend an hour in the morning fapping after I woke up, phone in hand, and like 2-3 hours in the evenings. Almost 1/6th of my day involved my dick in my hand watching sexy pixels.

2. More energy. I no longer feel fatigued and exhausted (combination of more sleep, less visual strain, clearer mind, and I'm sure hormonal/neurochemical changes). I've improved my pace per mile in running by almost a minute since my latest reboot attempt.

3. More power. I lift heavier weights.

4. More clarity. My mind feels clearer, like a pond that was previously murky now looking crystal clear, with beautiful fish swimming in it and nested under a beautiful snow-capped mountain on a sunny spring morning.

5. More confidence. I am growing more confident that I can control the strongest urge that can affect me for longer periods. I pray that I will be able to control it completely one day.

Morning routine suggestions:
    1. Cold showers
    2. Meditation (10-20 minutes) & prayer
    3. Plan the one key thing you want to achieve that day

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. DJM

DJM Fapstronaut

I really like #3. Plan the one key thing you want to achieve. Small goals turn into success.
    Not big fan of cold showers.
    Typically I pray in the morning.
    I went for a walk and meditated on a bench. Just sat there and appreciate the sun poking itself out from the clouds along the river. It was beautiful to see. Having control is a great thing. I catch women looking at me as if they are aware that I possess my own power or something. They don’t have any power over me. Haha yet lol keep the suggestions coming no pun intended I take a real estate license exam tomorrow, apply for a union apprenticeship, and I’ll app to some other customer service jobs. I really would like to get a career. Any application/interview suggestions?

dude88 and A41:14A like this.
  7. dude88

dude88 Fapstronaut

i try to keep busy in the things i couldn't do before. mindful meditation helps and completely unplugging once a day.