1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The endless pit known as Depression...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Slothman, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Do you guys have a story that you'd like to share with me?
    I'm Depressed right now, probably nobody in my home knows since im always trying to smile but it has gotten so unbearable lately...
    Please abstain talking about depression as if it is something easy to fix, just don't.

truthseeker17 likes this.
  2. BrowneyedBri

BrowneyedBri Fapstronaut

Well,
    Their was a time where I tripped over a soda I was carrying
    I was at McDonald's and order my favorite meal from there (chicken strips)
    And for some odd reason I took interest in watching these kids play a friendly game of checkers (never played it before but it still was intriguing!) But before I even had a slight thought I dropped my soda and took my 1st step....and as I did my soda spilled and I was wearing slippery shoes ...and you know...I tripped and spilled my chicken tenders...still makes me sad 2 this day

3. I'm not sure you really want to hear my stories; they are mostly grim and somber. Anyway, I won't judge.

One time during either 4th or 5th grade, I had a humiliating confrontation with one of the class bullies. During lunch, we would form a line that went outside the cafeteria and the line usually wrapped along the walls of the hallway outside the cafeteria. In that particular hallway, there was a women's bathroom. One day when I was in line and was right in front of the bathroom door, one of my classmates next to me suddenly punched me in the stomach to knock out my air; then when I was stunned, he pushed me hard against the door, and the door flung open and I ended up inside the women's bathroom falling prone on my back from him pushing me. It was so sudden and unexpected; I just remember getting punched and then finding myself crying on the floor in the women's bathroom. I was so humiliated and shamed by the incident. When I finally got up and walked out of the women's bathroom, all my classmates just started laughing hysterically and mocked me--I remember hating myself and wanting to run away from there.

This kind of thing was pretty common during my childhood. It's probably why I thought of suicide many times as a child. What' s worse is that I could never even tell my alcoholic father what had happened at school that day for fear that he'd beat me for being a coward. I made the mistake of telling him once, but never again.

4. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

yeah suicide is not an option...
    You don't fix anything, you end up escaping those feelings while giving them to anyone who cared for you.
    It is just sad

Deleted Account and TIMMY0110 like this.
  5. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

I am depressed not so long ago.

Long story short:
    The job was stressful, was scared of being fired. I had a family to take care of then. I kept working harder, even then nothing changed.

One day I saw a motivational video and that day I told myself "so what if I am fired....That's not end of life". When I accepted the reality and stopped worrying about being fired is when I depression faded away. I have a lot of stories about depression. Will share it in the future.

2+2is4 likes this.
  6. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

I have a father just like that, just that he is non alcoholic but acts like one.....He throws things around the house, doesn't treat my mom well and starts yelling for no reason. I have learned to ignore him. "Never try to correct a fool, he is never understand"

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

I don't really have a story for you, it doesn't mean I had a perfect life. But I am grateful for what I had and have.

Anytime I get down because of the responsibility's, private issues or any problems, be it physical or emotional, I just look at the bigger picture. I usually go to the beach or some other place where I can see the nature. I just sit back and think about how big this world is with all the people living on it. So many people would love to be me, because of their situation. I try to still be grateful. I think about our galaxy, which is full of this big entities. The universum which seems endless... I compare myself to it and then my problems, they vanish like snow melting in hot sun.

I find my inspiration and fuel in God. His word, His creation, and my relationship with Him makes me so much more stronger. Sometime I feel like superman(mentally). This works for me, you have to find also something which works for you!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. Don't know what kind of situation you are in, but I can relate but not sure if you think the same way as I do when it comes to the people around me, I feel I need to protect my family by putting on a good show, smile, try and look happy sure have not helped me though. Its just knowing my family they cant be happy if they know Im not so I always kept on a good show.

I cant give you the holy grail of answers cause we all are different and depression is a serious condition that is not to be joked about or like you said "not a simple thing to fix" but I can tell you that if you want to start feeling better you will have to work hard and it will be a tough journey, I was suicidal for 20 years but could not end my life cause of what it would do to my family, but the good thing is Im not as depressed anymore, I am extremely depressed today though reason this thread caught my eye, but over all Im doing much better since I started nofap. I have also started to work really hard on my goals in life, this fuels me and gives me a purpose to keep going, I have bad days and I have good days but it is why it makes it all worth it, "nothing that comes easy in life is worth having" like you understand being happy is not a switch that we can flip off or on in our heads but it can be a state of mind, you can find all the happiness within you, you just have to start looking.

Know the journey might be long and tough, but it will be worth it in the end!

9. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Weird enough last time i was depressed it helped me tidying up my room.
    Psychologist Jordan Peterson talks about it, how our room reflects upon our state of mind.
    Also he talks about fixing stuff that you can fix, which was something i was doing severely wrong... Trying to fix shit i know i can't...

FearMyDiscipline likes this.
  10. I would recommend NOT asking for more stories of depression if you are already depressed. Positive reinforcement is what you need.

Read success stories instead. It will definitely have a better impact on you. Depressing stories will just add to the pain you already have by putting more depressing ideas in your head.

FearMyDiscipline likes this.
  11. Buddhabro

Buddhabro Fapstronaut

I’ve lived with depression for most of my life. It’s been a struggle, but even during the darkest times, there have been things that I was grateful for; this, together with the good, and best times of my life, have kept me persevering.
    Keep fighting. Count your blessings, and remain hopeful that things can change for the better.

12. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I know this is a serious thread but I do appreciate that your profile picture is starcraft but with a sloth. Anyway my depression is on and off but I am not in an eternal state of misery or anything. I had a really good nofap streak earlier this year and I'm past the two weeks threshold right now but I still feel really guilty and disgusted with myself for having strong urges. I go to a big school and have no friends. I asked my crush out and she said no. I have a lot of reasons to be happy and a lot to be thankful for but sometimes I just feel apathetic about everything. I really want to kick my pmo habit for good - not just quit doing it, but stop having these urges to look at explicit material. I want more than anything to find a relationship. I know it wont solve all my problems, but if I find someone who I love and can share my life with it will be a lot easier getting out of bed in the morning.

13. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Mankrik i can relate to you in many ways, i certainly look for a relationship as well, but i know from deep in my heart it will not be possible until i learn to love myself unconditionally.
    The thing is we are probably not too appealing to the eye since we have so much problems within ourselves... It's like we got nothing to offer besides a funk. Or at least that what it looks like.

"Learn to live with yourself" i'd like to learn that

Mankrik and Deleted Account like this.
  14. KaiserWilhelm II

KaiserWilhelm II Fapstronaut

What you could
    What you could have done was to shout

15. What do you get when you mix a Christmas tree with an iphone?

:Da pineapple ! (get it? A pineapple!)