1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How I went from "forever alone" to having an amazing romantic experience in Europe

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Green Monstah, May 2, 2017.

1. SuperLulox

SuperLulox Fapstronaut

Holy shit, I almost cried. This was beautiful.

Little kitty likes this.
  2. NewManV

NewManV Fapstronaut

For me, the 1st thing I needed to remind myself is that it takes patience to get in the habit. When I realize negative thoughts/fears creeping in, I try to "Relabel/Reframe" it. For example, accept the fact that you're feeling it, and remind yourself that the thought is a bad habit that you can overcome. And think of it as an opportunity to get stronger from it.

I also have begun meditation, to try and focus my thoughts. Finally, I spend a few minutes each day in reminding myself of good things going on in my life (or things I'm thankful for). There's a TED talk that might help you too:

Hope that helps, these are things that have helped me.

cloudymood and Green Monstah like this.
  3. Flossy Carter

Flossy Carter Fapstronaut

Everytime i visit nofap, i always try to search for quality posts that make my day and you sir, have made my week

Beautiful post, thank you very much for sharing this amazing story

Green Monstah likes this.
  4. Power_to_Change

Power_to_Change Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your story! Wishing you continued success in all that you do. Beautiful video as well!

5. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I've tears in my eyes. This is beautiful.

6. Anxiety, brain fog, depression and all that before your reboot attempt?

7. LiquidWish

LiquidWish Fapstronaut

8. Spoons

Spoons Fapstronaut

Spot on bro!

9. Thank you. I feel "forever alone" sometimes and i would like to go back at dating and fall in love in again and be loved, have the guy feeling the same as me(i am a girl btw). I truly needed this post now
    I am happy for you, it is beautiful your bonding with that girl and congrats on your 115 days without p :)

I love the tip "Believe in yourself. You are more than what you have become". It's what it is written in my profile pic on nofap

10. Ginee

Ginee Fapstronaut

Good for you...i'm new here so i'm looking for motivation to assure me that i am not alone in this problem...i hope each of us can become a better person afterwards

11. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

@Green Monstah
    You inspired me. I remembered your story today. I went to watch a movie today, murder on the orient express. None of friends were interested, so I was like, well fuck it, lemme just lone wolf it. At the cinema, in the waiting area, I spotted a girl sitting by herself. Thinking about your story, I thought, well, what's the worst that could happen? I get a no.
    So I went up to her, asked if she was by herself. She said she her friend was in the washroom. I asked if I could join her, she said yes. So we talked, we were from the same college, she a freshman, me a senior. Different courses, tho. Her friend joined, and then we went to watch the movie. Luckily, we were watching the same movie.
    After the movie, I asked if we could exchange numbers to keep in touch. She said, okay gimme your number, I'll drop you a call. I knew from her face, she wasn't gonna. But I gave it to her anyways.
    So, not really a happy ending, but hey, I had fun. Also, I wasn't that guy watching a movie by himself. :D

Thank you so much!! Your story inspired me to do something I'd never have dared. I could literally feel my self-esteem sky rocket today. :)

razpf, Green Monstah, Mindy and 2 others like this.
  12. Hey congrats man !! Such a lovely post !! I'm so glad that you had an awesome Eurotrip with that beautiful European lady even though she was with you for 12 hrs !! Reminds me of Before Sunrise where Ethan Hawke met & fell in love with Julie Delpy which was inturn the true story of the director of that movie, Richard Linklater !! Keep going & keep inspiring !!

Truegamer007 likes this.
  13. Green Monstah

Green Monstah Fapstronaut

I will watch that video to this day! Doesn't it have a wonderful message?! :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Green Monstah

It was for real! :) HOWEVER we aren't ever going to be a thing. She has no way of coming to the US anytime soon. It really was a 12-hour deal, but she has taught me lots of life lessons, and has made me feel good about myself. I realized that I am in fact a gentleman,
    I know it seemed like a lot to post about with all my relapses, but there IS a pattern. Following each relapse, the first two weeks (especially days 1-5) were always the hardest, and for some weird reason, urges are STRONG in the Day 40 range for me. In fact the Day 40 range has been cursed for me. But do NOT let any relapse ever bring you down, thought I have let it too many times. Eventually it will pass, and you will be able to get up and continue advancing on your goals.

Enjoy those benefits! There are a whole lot more worth going after! :)

Deleted Account and NewManV like this.
  15. Green Monstah

I hear that bro! The right people will appreciate you for the TRUE PERFECT GENTLEMAN you already are. Don't act like something you aren't. I knew a guy who would say really nasty things to girls, and it seemed to work. He even thought he could lecture me on how behave. Eventually some girls who were in the convo told me "Please don't ever change". If stupid pickup lines aren't your thing, so be it! :) For me my favorite pickup line was "Excuse me, would you mind taking my picture..... want me to return the favor...?" then introduce myself and see where it leads. I didn't expect anything to come from this, but a little talking didn't hurt, and in fact I got more than I expected!

It's always nice to have someone in your life bro. I'm still single, but that girl I met on my travels has taught me so much and really opened my heart!

Rooting for you and everyone else here!

16. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Great stuff man

I agree, sometimes a small line that's like an everyday question or statement can work well. Best thing is to be ourselves, and if they like us great, if not it's just experience :)

17. Green Monstah

I don't expect anyone to understand the following right away, but I promise one day it will all make sense; that I can tell you. I too thought so negatively about myself for the longest time. I let rejection cut me to the core. I became afraid of rejection. I thought I wasn't good enough for someone, and it eventually came to bite me back in the ass when I watched her status change to "in a relationship". Not that there would be something for sure if I actually tried... but I have ended up asking myself "what if..." more times than I could count. But that doesn't mean you have to continuing living that way.

My tactics:
    1) Start with dropping all negativity. If you think you're not good enough to someone, you are already positioning yourself to fail. Think of it as "being afraid to succeed".
    2) Don't be afraid of rejection. I know this is a hard one, but the more you go out there and attempt to start conversations, you will be amazed how good you can be. I know you probably have heard this for a long time (and I sure have, took me forever to understand...) but the worse possible outcome is rejection, which is EXACTLY the same as not starting that conversation. Sure you might think chances are slim, but that just mean there STILL is a chance. If you don't start that conversation, then ZERO chance.
    3) Think about all the things that make you unique, and go with that. Be yourself. There was a time a guy thought he could educate me on how to be successful with women. He was kind of a DB who would say nasty things to girls. It just wasn't me... but if you just be yourself, it is so much easier. See my story? I didn't have to start out with a nasty dirty stupid pickup line. Btw, when I talk about improving yourself and unlocking your full potential, that doesn't mean act like someone else. You need to find what works best for you, and when you do, you will knock it out of the park! :)

18. Green Monstah

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! That makes me smile that my story inspired you and now look at you getting out of your comfort zone!

See? Going somewhere on your own is NOT a bad thing. You never know what can happen or who you will meet. Think about the "Seconds" video. Endless of possibilities waiting to line up, and eventually a GREAT one will be written. As I traveled on my own and I saw the lady in Europe, I had no idea how close were were going to get 12 hours later. I went through years of getting played, rejected, or not doing my part in saying hello. I did work on starting conversations in the months leading up to the EuroTrip btw. I once approached a lady at the gym and we worked out together. We did talk about "wanna do this again?" Similarly, "Give me your number..." I knew instantly what that meant... again, don't feel bad if nothing else comes out of it! You had a great experience, and you are on to make many more in the future!

You also have a great attitude of focusing on the positive side. Just take what you can get.

Keep doing what you're doing. Say "hello", see where it leads, and you never know! I hope to hear more great stories from you bud!

Truegamer007 likes this.
  19. ghengis_naan

ghengis_naan Fapstronaut

I have traveled solo and felt exactly like that.... last time I did ask someone. I actually liked the other girl but thought shes way too out of my league and approached the one who was sitting alone (was junky, I thought she won't reject me. she didn't.). Didn't like spending even a second, she even took me to her place but still I was, Idk I was stupid or because of PMO, I felt nothing and just wanted to get away. I wanted to know her and the more I tried to know her more I was sad. I felt 0 attraction and also at one point she even asked me if I'm gay. I did PMO when I got to my hotel. I can't get past a week. I just want to feel, how is it after this PMO fog goes away. I was so much tensed in urges, your story really did help me calm down. Thanks.

Green Monstah and Truegamer007 like this.
  20. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

Don't force yourself to do something just cause you feel you must. Do it cause you want to. You should have gone for the first girl, who knows, it may have worked out. You'll never know now though.